May 2013 Moms

Indoor fun

With temperatures dropping the mornings aren't ideal to spend much time outside. On the weekends I struggle to think of indoor places to take K so we can get out of the house and have some fun before nap. I can't do anything over the top today with my H at work since he'll feel left out. Sundays are the hardest because hardly anything in the south opens before noon!

I thought about the mall, Barnes and noble, the library on Sat, the pumpkin patch, and play dates with friends. What do you plan to get into as it gets colder?

Re: Indoor fun

• There are some indoor play gym things around here, Chuck E. Cheese type places, definitely Barnes and Noble, malls, library.

• Indoor playgroups, play gyms, and play areas are really popular near me. 

My issue is finding places that are twin friendly.  I dont have enough arms. 

But Ive made my playrooms winter friendly.  I got a slide and a climbing structure and we have a castle.  I plan on getting one of those little trampolines and filling a pack n play with ball pit balls.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Loading the player...
  • I take E to an early childhood class once a week. I also plan to take her to the rec center indoor playground once a week as the weather gets colder.
  • Reading the responses just affirms the fact that there is nothing to do here. Every wed morning we do toddler time at the library. There is a community playgroup on Tuesdays but we haven't gone yet this fall because it's VERY crowded, with kids up to preschool age, and I'm a little paranoid about the germs. (Hand, foot and mouth has been going around our town on top of other viruses). I need to look into swim lessons because it is going to be a looooong winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have memberships to the children's museum and the aquarium. We also did like @Blueyed228‌ and got an indoor jungle gym with a slide. The kids play on it everyday. Best $ I have spent in years.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We go to two library story times a week (two different libraries) and we have Kindermusik. We live in the capital, and every suburb has a library, and if I really wanted to, I can probably do a story time every day.  My mother in law is getting him a climber for Christmas, so we're going to trick out our basement with fun things to do as well.
    photo 557d2a08-8ed4-4d2b-9ba6-5f4850d67476.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"