Cloth Diapering

Make my kid sleep??

Sleep deprived and need some help.

DS is 4 1/2 mo old. He has never been a great sleeper but we had gotten down to a decent routine where he would sleep from 7p-7a with 2 feedings (1:30 & 4:30) most nights. For the last 2-3 weeks its been awful. Most nights he's up every 2-3 hours and NOTHING will calm him except nursing. He's very restless in between wake-ups. I know this is a normal time for some sleep problems, but is there anything I can do to help him? I don't feel comfortable with bed sharing in any way, so that's not an option.

He's still in the Arms Reach co-sleeper in my room for bedtime but naps in his crib. His room is upstairs and ours is downstairs so with him waking up so much I am hesitant to move him. He's still swaddled because he still wakes himself and scratches himself without it.

His naps are much better than they used to be and pretty consistent and 3 naps a day, about an hour each.  

Thanks.

Re: Make my kid sleep??

• By "Normal time for some sleep problems" you must mean "normal time for everything to go straight to hell in a hand basket wrt sleep." Now is the time to get by as best you can and know it will get better. Likely very soon. Do you have reinforcements?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MandmeeshTJ1979ElleBeeDubEssJayCee
  • It's all normal stuff, but it is really hard, especially when you feel like you just were starting to get your sanity back and getting more sleep. Just know that it is temporary, do what you must to get through it. Some people have better luck using a rock n play, some people have better luck putting baby in their crib in their own room... sometimes nothing helps but time.
    TJ1979
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm apologizing in advance because I'm a total B.
    I would keep using the arms reach cosleeper. He's in your room? That makes your time for having to be awake easier/shorter.
    To me, two wake ups would be HEAVEN overnight. I have an 18 month old that, since forever, wakes up at least five times a night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Sgriff1[Deleted User]TJ1979
  • I agree with @mandmeesh. My 8 month old is on month two of 5-10 nightly wake ups. I'd be on heaven if she only woke up twice!

MandmeeshTJ1979
  • Mandmeesh said:
    I'm apologizing in advance because I'm a total B. I would keep using the arms reach cosleeper. He's in your room? That makes your time for having to be awake easier/shorter. To me, two wake ups would be HEAVEN overnight. I have an 18 month old that, since forever, wakes up at least five times a night.
    Oh Meesh, you're not a B. I agree that 2 would be awesome right now. The last 2 weeks most nights are 5-6 times. 2 times a night was when I thought he was sleeping wonderfully. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I guess more coffee for me and hoping it passes quickly. Thanks all.
    MandmeeshTJ1979

• Mandmeesh said:

I'm apologizing in advance because I'm a total B.
    I would keep using the arms reach cosleeper. He's in your room? That makes your time for having to be awake easier/shorter.
    To me, two wake ups would be HEAVEN overnight. I have an 18 month old that, since forever, wakes up at least five times a night.

Oh Meesh, you're not a B. I agree that 2 would be awesome right now. The last 2 weeks most nights are 5-6 times. 2 times a night was when I thought he was sleeping wonderfully. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I guess more coffee for me and hoping it passes quickly. Thanks all.

Ohhhhh oh! Two wake ups was your "mostly sttn" scenario. Sorry I missed that. Yeah, 5-6 totally sucks :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

TJ1979ElleBeeDub
  • And yeah now is not the time to move to his crib or drop the swaddle or any of that mess.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TJ1979Mandmeesh
  • If it makes you feel better, I am right effing there with you. We sorta had a routine, then I got a blissful week of mostly STTN, and now suddenly she's up at 11 every night, screaming her head off, inconsolable except for the boob, and just cannot go back to sleep. It blows. Sleepy cranky hugs.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Thanks ya'll. At least I'm not alone. 

TJ1979Mandmeesh
  • My kid was still taking two naps at that age but up a million times a night.
  • Our LO did this as well. It is normal. They are hitting milestones during this time. Once he rolls he will need to be unswaddled. We transitioned in our LO into a sleep sack that worked really well. She still felt cozy but could move around safely. Try the zipadee zip when the time comes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"