Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage two days ago

I wish I was not posting this today, but two days ago I began bleeding heavily and yesterday I went to the doctor's office where I had a very upsetting visit with a rude doctor, unfortunately where he basically said there is no longer a sign of pregnancy. Then, I had blood work. I was told today that my HCG levels and progesterone levels were very low. I was wondering if anyone knows, because I was too upset to think to ask, does this mean my progesterone is always low or is it only low because of the miscarriage? Thank you for any information anyone can give. I've been reading a lot around here since Wednesday and you're all so incredibly supportive of one another and that has really helped me over the past two days so anyone reading this, thank you.

Re: Miscarriage two days ago

• i'm sorry that i don't have an answer regarding your hormone levels, but i can assume that it's because of the miscarriage. but i just wanted to say that i'm truly sorry for your loss, and that you had to deal with such a rude doctor. 
  • Thank you, I appreciate that very much.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. It is possible that your progesterone is always low and could have contributed to a miscarriage. But usually after the baby stops growing and the HCG production stops, progesterone will also plummet. It's the sharp drop in progesterone that causes bleeding.
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other posters. My progesterone was initially low, so I was put on supplements and it went up, but then back down when I miscarried.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Okay thank you...I guess I'll have to see what they say after the next blood work. I found out that my blood is A negative and my husband's is positive so I have to go for further injections due to the blood issue. It's been a rough day. I'm afraid and feeling very alone, so I appreciate this board very much.
  • You're not alone. We are all here with you.
  • No advice about the progesterone but thinking of you
  • Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me to be able to come here. I really appreciate the support so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"