Cloth Diapering

Constipation

A has been complaining about stomach discomfort since last night, and been passing these wicked farts but wouldn't go poop on the toilet. Then this morning she tried to poop and was screaming bloody murder the entire time about how badly it hurt. :( Now she's relaxing in a bubble bath and still hasn't gotten it out.

I know the tricks to keeping a kid regular from this point on, but is there anything I can give her that will help with this upcoming bowel movement, or does she just have to power through and get it out?
imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Constipation

• Oh, poor A! They make stool softeners for toddlers, but I'd talk to a doctor first. Otherwise, I'm not really sure. My mom used to give us something vile for constipation, but I can't remember the name. Something oil...?

• Yogurt usually works for us to help get things moving with my daughter.

But she usually has to power through it to get things going.

• Loading the player...
  • Is she too little for miralax? It would soften the stool, though it usually takes 2 days tho kick in.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• A couple of prunes usually helps E pretty quickly.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • i heard things with p are supposed to help with poop like pears peas prunes etc. Also, like always water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Yup, prune juice and lots of water. If its really painful call the doctor and check on a stool softener or something stronger. Poor kid...Hope she works it out soon!
  • Yogurt is binding. It should do the opposite I would think... Unless it's the probiotic factor. @unaveragejane‌ castor oil?
    Oh my gosh, yes! It was HORRIBLE!

candlequeen
  • I usually give straight fruit juice and prunes baby food. Constipation sucks. I think I'd rather battle diarrhea!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I usually give straight fruit juice and prunes baby food. Constipation sucks. I think I'd rather battle diarrhea!

Right? Watching my baby cry is effing miserable.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • I always got constipated as a kid. My mom was always giving me enemas. Sucked big time.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• My mom used to give me maybe a teaspoon of honey mixed in warm water. She says the honey was supposed to have a bit of a laxative effect, plus it was a great way to encourage me to stay hydrated. I just did a quick lookup of the honey as a laxative thing, and it looks like there might be something to it.
  • MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited October 2014

My mom used to give me maybe a teaspoon of honey mixed in warm water. She says the honey was supposed to have a bit of a laxative effect, plus it was a great way to encourage me to stay hydrated. I just did a quick lookup of the honey as a laxative thing, and it looks like there might be something to it.

Along this line-the Zarbee's Naturals cough syrup (dark honey) helped M poop well. But he's not constipated...so not helpful

/anecdote
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm slow on responding here, so rather than adding my suggestions, I thought I'd ask how she is doing? Did she pass the stool? Is she feeling better now? Poor baby!

Nope. Doctor told us to give her a suppository, which J is getting right now. :(
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • :(
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I totally misread the title of this post as conception and was like what's all the poop talk?
    Into+the+KittyEssJayCeeElleBeeDub
  • Update: Worst. Experience. Ofmylife. :((
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    EssJayCee
  • Oh, ITK, I'm so sorry. I hope A is feeling better!

Into+the+Kitty
  • Glad she is feeling better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"