April 2015 Moms
Options

Starting to leak colostrum almost 15 weeks pregnant.

Has anyone else started leaking colostrum yet from the breast? It's been happening to me quite a few times during the day and quite a bit at night. This is my second child, I'm 15 weeks along, I don't remember leaking this early with my first born. Anyone else dealing with this and how are you managing? I thought about wearing some nursing pads during the day, I'm just surprised it's happening so fast (or seems that way)

Re: Starting to leak colostrum almost 15 weeks pregnant.

• Options
    For those that don't know what colostrum is, it's what comes out of the breast before breast milk comes in :)
  • Options
    I remember that happening when I had my older two back to back. They were 14 months apart. Did you have kiddo #1 not that long ago ? 
    Proud Mama of 3 and 1 on the way!

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had him four years ago, so it's been awhile, I think I was at least 6-7 months pregnant before I had that happen with my first. It is very surprising not to mention embarrassing! I didn't think I'd have to wear nursing pads so soon!
  • Options
    It hasn't started for me yet, but with DS it was before 20 weeks. I just finished nursing a month ago so I'm not sure what will happen this time! I ended up wearing nursing pads everyday. I wasn't leaking enough to show through, but it was enough to make my bra wet!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a 15 month old and I THINK that happened to me in the shower the other day. Oh the joys lol

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've had the milk let down feeling but no actual leaking yet.
  • Options
    I haven't had any leaking issues, but in your shoes I'd pull out the ole reusable nursing pads.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That started around 16 weeks during my last pregnancy. I didn't have the day issue though. It was always night for me. I would invest in some nursing pads!
    BabyFruit Ticker>
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to have to break down and wear the nursing pads! Hopefully this is a good sign, as I had a lot of issues producing milk for my first child, just so surprised that it's happening so fast, and it's a lot, I don't see my midwife for two or so weeks so I haven't asked, but I'm sure it's normal right?
  • Options
    That happened with DD... On my honeymoon!

I second the reusable nursing pads and do not itch!!!! DH thought it was hilarious when I would forget and spring a leak.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This happened to me last week at 15 weeks as well. Only once, a tiny bit, and only from one boob. I have read that is normal to start this early, for some women.
    Also, weirdly it was clear, when everything I've read describes colostrum as a thick white/yellow substance. Eh, I'm not worried about it though. My body's been doing all kinds of weird things and shits only gonna get weirder in the next 6 months.

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

BabyFetus TickerWorkout Row Flip Fail.gif

• Options
    @DMarieSchneider‌ it happens. At least your plumbing is working ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options

I've had the milk let down feeling but no actual leaking yet.

This, although I'll accept it because it's a positive sign for me. I struggled a lot with bfing DD that I am definitely glad for these feelings already.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    I'm not leaking right now but am seriously afraid of starting somewhere really inconvenient. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My left boob has leaked a bit already. It was definitely my more productive feedbag when I was pumping with DS. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"