January 2014 Moms

Where has all the milk gone?!

I am still pumping the same and my baby is still nursing but my milk is getting less and less. I just don't understand why.

Re: Where has all the milk gone?!

• Same. Freezer supply is pretty much down to a few ounces. We'll probably be on some formula in the next couple weeks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I have never heard of lactation cookies! Let me know how it goes
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2014
    My milk disappeared when I got pregnant, I had a miscarriage and my milk hasn't recovered. I feel like pumping is worthless but I still do it in hopes that I can produce about 8 oz each day which is 2 feedings so that my freezer supply lasts longer. I figure I have just about enough to get me to 1 year and I'll probably start mixing in some whole milk around 10-11 months.

Good luck with the cookies!!

• I've read that it's common for a pumping supply to decrease around 9 months. I think it's because your supply is regulated and you body doesn't respond as well to the pump.
  • I dried up by 10 1/2 months with DS.  With him I noticed a steady decline from about 6 months on which coincided with when I started birth control again. 

This time I am not on birth control and have not seen as much of a drop, though I do notice a significant dip the first couple days of my period each month.  I am hoping to make it to a year since I coulndt with DS but we will see. 

• Is LO eating too much solids and not nursing as much when they are on the breast?

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Nope she eats solids but not enough to fill her up during the day. It takes an army to get her to eat! She thinks she's going to miss something if she stops to eat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"