January 2013 Moms
Options

S/O favorite things - favorite scary/creepy books?

OK, I'm kind of hijacking @katrine_05's tread :).  But since someone mentioned Wes Craven,  I LOVE ready creepy/scary books this time of year, and I think it's hard to find good ones...so what are your favorites? .  Here's my two recommendations from recent years...

--Her Perfect Symmetry (Audrey Niffeneger)
--The Historian (Elizabeth Kostova)

And one I want to try when I'm feeling ambitious (definitely not this year) is House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski.

Anyone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O favorite things - favorite scary/creepy books?

• Options
    Thread, not tread :)
  • Options
    I don't think I've read a "scary" book since reading Goosebumps as a kid :-P
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Flowers in the Attic scared the living crap out of me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever read a scary book.
    The ones I listed are more creepy/eerie than scary.  Stephen King can be all out can't-sleep-at-night scary, if you want to give it a try.  

@Spainy17 - we used to pass around that series (Flowers in the Attic) in high school.  Scary with a side order of incest, what could be better :).
  • Options

I don't think I've ever read a scary book.

The ones I listed are more creepy/eerie than scary.  Stephen King can be all out can't-sleep-at-night scary, if you want to give it a try.  

@Spainy17 - we used to pass around that series (Flowers in the Attic) in high school.  Scary with a side order of incest, what could be better :).

Someone's mom had a copy that we passed around secretly when I was WAY too young to be reading it:)
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    @esmereldasspark - I forget the details.  Was the movie any good?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"