Baby Showers

Baby Cache Heritage Crib

Hi ladies, wondering if anyone has heard any news about the Baby Cache Heritage crib, I was more interested in the Montana but that one definitely looks like its gone. I had registered for it at BRU and it looked like it had been discontinued after I looked at my registry online, Amazon also has a note saying 4 left and that is only for one color now. I really wanted one but don't want to buy one as I have a feeling getting a conversion kit/ toddler rail/etc will be impossible to find. Any advice on a similar substitute?

Thank you in advance!
For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

Re: Baby Cache Heritage Crib

• Hi!  Mom of older kids here.  Honestly, if I had it to do over again, I would not spend over $500 on a crib.  Even one that converts into a kid bed.  

You just never know how things will shake out once the child is a toddler or preschooler and the type of bed they'll sleep in.  Since all cribs have to pass rigorous safety standards, there's not that much of a difference -- other than cosmetic -- between a $200 crib and a $1000 crib.

I'd save that money for when your kid is old enough to sleep in a bed without bedrails and is more likely to stick with whatever bed you choose for a long time. 
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I think the company that makes baby cache just went bankrupt or something like that. I think the company is called munire if you want to look into it, so I have a feeling conversion kits won't be too easy to find.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the PP's advice about not buying an expensive crib. Our daughter left huge teeth marks on the front rail of her crib, and I'd have been upset if we had planned to convert it (we didn't - we knew a full wouldn't fit in her room and that we'd need a twin).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• We have that crib, and with coupons I spent $300ish if I remember correctly, it was over 4 years ago. We didn't buy any conversion package, that seemed silly to me. I assumed you could just take the front off, but we go right to real beds and skip the toddler/tiny bed so never tried it.

We plan to use it as a crib for all three kids then eventually add it as the head board to our DDs' double bed.

Our DD also chewed the crib, though thankfully it was the side rail. I'd have been upset if it was a part that I intended to use.

Sometimes I wish I spent less but eh. If you like it, buy it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you so much ladies! I googled the company but couldn't find anything, but I think I will take your advice on not getting the expensive crib. @redheadbaker I looked around a couple times and didn't know that board existed, thanks so much for the heads up. I keep looking for a board called products or something.
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• Babies r US told me that "Baby cache" is downsizing and  that many of their lines are being discontinued. They also told me several lines are backordered for months, so be careful before you order.

I just ordered Monaco and got it within a week or so. HOWEVER, I can't order the converter stuff right now. They assure me I can order it in a few weeks, but I admit I am a little worried

===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• Just adding in my experience.  We ordered the Baby Cache Montana crib in driftwood back in August.  We also ordered the matching dressers.  The dressers were here in 2 weeks...still waiting on the crib.  And Babies R Us pretty much says they have no way of telling me when it will be here, even though I paid the deposit.  I'm so frustrated.  If we didn't already have the dressers I would have cancelled the order all together.  
  • We have this crib. It is nice, but not so much after my son put teeth marks all over it. If I lean against it while wearing something with a zipper, it will scratch easily. It also collects a lot of dust. I swear, I will dust that thing, and an hour later the base will be covered again. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't have bought something so expensive that essentially was used as a chew toy.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"