August 2013 Moms

Scared when other babies make noise?!

Okay, so my little guy is almost 14 months old, has gone to daycare since he was 3 months old and pretty regularly been around other kids other than at daycare too. Now, he goes to daycare still but 2 days a week since I'm working part-time. On Tuesday when I picked him up they said he had an "off" day and was very sensitive to loud noises or when the other babies would make loud noise. I didn't think much of it and thought it was simply a bad day. Well today I went out to breakfast with family which included my niece and nephew. When my nephew, who is 8 months old, made noise (not a cry and not even like a shreiky sound) Jack would full blown cry with tears and everything, like he was scared or extremely sensitive to the sound. This happened all breakfast and was almost inconsolable. He would be okay if I walked away from the table but the next time it happened he would get upset all over again. We also went over my in laws for dinner tonight since those relatives are in from out of town and the same thing happened. These noises he was getting scared by again are not just like screaming or crying (which I would kind of get) but just typical baby sounds/yells. I had my father in law check his ears (he's a doctor) and he said they look fine. No fever. And Jack has been making loud noise while playing so isn't sensitive to his own noise.

I called the pedi and they said it is probably just a phase. He goes to daycare again tomorrow so we'll see how he does.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and could shed some light or guidance or anything?? I do not think it was a jealousy/attention thing because it was real crying, not whining which he RARELY did ever before.

Re: Scared when other babies make noise?!

• DD1 was like that, but it wasn't something she developed out of the blue- she was always like that. 

She's pretty much outgrown it now. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"