Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Temps In House At Night

What temperature do you keep your house at night? DD's room is the coldest in the house. She is very hot natured. We usually keep the thermostat at 68 when it starts to get cold at night. My MIL has been telling my husband that she's cold when she gets her up in the morning and that she expects a blanket to be on her. Blankets won't do any good, because she is all over the place at night and kicks them off. I've read (and been told by our pediatrician) that it's better for them to be cooler at night than warm. Whenever I get her up, her cheeks are sometimes cool, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. She sleeps perfectly fine at night and I kind of assume she'd let me know if she was uncomfortable. She does understand how to tell me if she's hot or cold, but maybe I'm expecting too much. She's in footed pajamas tonight, so I'm hoping that will make my MIL happy in the morning.

I personally thought that 68 was on the warmer side compared to what my friends do. Most of them set theirs at 65.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Temps In House At Night

• Options
    We keep ours at 68 too!  It is tough when they kick off their blankets, but I know my DD wakes up and pulls the blanket over herself if she gets cold. 
  • Options
    Your MIL sure sounds like a peach.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought my house was cool. I keep the thermostat at 72 and put the fan on in DS's room. He goes to bed in just a t-shirt usually since he sleeps under a thick comforter.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think ours is set at 65 at night and 68 during the day. I definitely don't think 68 is too cool.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited October 2014
    Wow our boys sleep between 72-74. Baby is only in a zip up until he is older and my son sleeps in short sleeve shirt and a diaper. Old house, terrible AC. Hard to get it super cold and once it's freezing it get's way to cold. Keeps our kids up. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    68-69 at night. She is usually in fleece jammies or lighter weight jammies with a sleep sack on top.

• Options
    During the summer we have central air and we have it set at 77-78. My kids sleep in a short-sleeved and shorts PJ set and DD will use her blanket. We also have the ceiling fans going in both of their rooms. During the winter the heat is set at 68 and the kids sleep in long sleeves cotton or fleece PJs depending on how cold it is outside. DD will use a blanket but DS is all over his crib so I tend to dress him warmer since he doesn't have the blanket to help.
    imageimage
  • Options
    The heat is on at my house. Like I said it's terribly regulated because it's so old. Both boys rooms are significantly different in temp. The younger ones room seems to stay warmer then the older one.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Yeah I hate to say it my husband sleeps with just a sheet and I sleep with a down comforter, a sheet and a blanket on top. I'm always cold

• Options
    We don't have the heat on yet. It's been 64-68 when I get up in the morning and DD seems to be sleeping fine in fleece footie pjs. She can't keep a blanket on either.

When we do turn the heat on, I'll be lucky to get DH to agree to set it at 64. I'd like warmer but he'd like the windows open!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"