Connecticut Babies

UCONN vs smaller RE office (Dr Olivar)? recs please

Hi
We have been seeing Dr August Olivar in hartford for the past 6 months. He's a great doctor and we've gone through 3 IUI cycles so far. Now that we are moving into IVF, I'm torn between staying at the smaller RE office or going to UCONN. Has anyone gone through IVF with Dr Olivar? I'm hesitant only because UCONN is a bigger facility,with access to more research and services it appears. Their success rates are a little higher as well. Any advice/experience?? I feel like we are 'breaking up' with our doctor lol. Thanks in advance!

Me (38) & DH (48).  Married since 5/5/13, TTC since then!

MFI - low counts, low motility

IUI #1:  6/28/14

Re: UCONN vs smaller RE office (Dr Olivar)? recs please

• It may be hard and feel like you're disloyal, but if your gut is telling you to try something new, do.
    I found out (today in fact) that I'm pregnant, IVF cycle #1. I'm 30 w/ PCOS, DH is 34 w/ low motility and morpholgy. UConn has taken great care of me and I'm sure they would with you too. And they have 6+ different and qualified doctors to work with, whichever one you get will be great and you end up seeing most of them at some point or another during your every-other-day blood tests/ultrasounds.
    Good luck!
  • I have a daughter who is the result of a successful IVF cycle at UCONN. When I cycled in 2012 I had an absolutely wonderful experience there. I am actually going to be doing a frozen transfer with them in November....this time around I am not nearly as impressed. They changed a lot of their procedures and I don't feel that you get the one on one attention you used to get (specifically with monitoring appts - where you don't even talk to your dr anymore)... That being said I do think they are a VERY knowledgable staff and would still reccomend them. I can say with total confidence that I believe each one of their doctors knows their stuff and knows it well. FYI - I see Dr N.ulsen and he is wonderful if you wind up making an appointment I would definitely go with him.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"