Trouble TTC
Options

Anyone Benching Due to Holidays?

I'm benching myself until the new year with the hopes of dropping a few pounds. I want to try the baking soda douche in the mean time and have been taking pregnitude/melatonin, royal jelly and my normal prenatal....but now I'm thinking maybe we should just stop everything other than normal sex because of the holidays. We have family and friends visiting almost every weekend starting in two weeks and up until the new year and to be honest I want to DRINK and have a good time and not be stressing about having sex on time and OPK testing....anyone else thinking about taking a complete break until the new year?

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
Fertility blood tests all normal
Tilted uterus
3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

Re: Anyone Benching Due to Holidays?

• Options
    I think that for some people a holiday break could be a much needed time to relax. For me, the holidays are pretty low key so I'm not worried about trying to juggle it all. For one, Thanksgiving was last weekend and it is quite a long way until Christmas. I also won't have anyone staying with us and we are not going out of town, so besides Dec 24-25, the rest of the time would be business as usual. Even if the holidays were super intense though, I can't imagine wasting any more time by benching myself. It's go time!

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

• Options
    Did your RE recommend the baking soda?  I remember another poster here talking about it but I've never heard of it otherwise.

I figure that we possibly have time for 2 more IUI cycles (hopefully we won't need them!)  before Christmas so that's the plan.  If I'm not KTFU by then, we'll wait until the beginning of February for any more treatment since we are going on vacation at the end of January.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am planning on it. We are doing 1 more Cycle with my RE then if that doesnt work we are breaking til after the Holidays. I also plan on trying to drop another 20lbs (or what I can of it) before new years. AF showed up tonight so since its late tomorrow will tech. be CD1. I have my Appt with my RE Thurs and I plan to let him know about this being our last cycle for a bit. Holidays are crazy, DH works in retail, I work in health care, we have lots of family stuff. My RE is at his office in my town 1 time a week so scheduling with him is already difficult. I wanna just chill and relax and enjoy my holidays. So yeah long story for the simple Yes answer I was concluding lol =)
    *** Siggy Warning ***
    Me:30 DH:33
    TTC since 10/12 
    HSG- Tubes Clear slight scarring on UTE (unexplained)
    DH SA- Normal
    10/12-6/13 Natural 
    Pcos Dx 7/13 Metformin 500mg x2 daily
    4/14 Provera  10days  then Clomid 50mg CD5-9 (BFN)
    5/14 Provera 10days then Clomid 50mg CD5-9  (BFN)
    6/14 (no provera yay!) Clomid 50mg CD5-9  (BFN)
    7/14 Natural Cycle Moving on to RE appt not til 7/31 (BFN)  
    8/14 Plan of action! Moved up to 1500mg Metformin, Femara 3-7 (Trigger canceled due to not big enough follies and holiday weekend) (BFN)
    9/14 7.5mg Femara CD3-7 +ovidrel  (BFN)
    10/14 5mg Femara(3-7) Follistim 75 (7-9) +Ovidrel +TI (last treatment cycle this year Breaking til after Holidays) (BFP! Beta #1 114, Beta #2 364)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ALL ARE WELCOME! ~~~~~~~~~

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes ma'am! We started our break this month and I seriously love the decision. I thought I would stress and fret and dwell on the "wasted" time, but the opposite has been true. I still pay attention to my body and have every-other-day BDing but now it's more for fun! I feel human again and that's awesome!

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Options
    dogshowgirldogshowgirl member
    edited October 2014
    Tiko99 said:

I'm benching myself until the new year with the hopes of dropping a few pounds. I want to try the baking soda douche in the mean time and have been taking pregnitude/melatonin, royal jelly and my normal prenatal....but now I'm thinking maybe we should just stop everything other than normal sex because of the holidays. We have family and friends visiting almost every weekend starting in two weeks and up until the new year and to be honest I want to DRINK and have a good time and not be stressing about having sex on time and OPK testing....anyone else thinking about taking a complete break until the new year?

What do you do with the baking soda? What is Pregnitude? What do you use the melatonin for? What is royal jelly? All this is new stuff to me.

To answer the question- Yup! Hubby and I are taking a break for now. This baby making business has been starting to take over our lives and affecting other priorities. Figure we will start back to it after the new year.

**************************SIGGY WARNING********************************

Dx: PCOS (January 2014)

Dx: Hashimoto's [Thyroid] Disease (January 2014)

Dx: GERD (August 2014)

Treatments/Medicines:

Metformin (since 1/2014) 1500Mg/day
    Synthroid (since 1/2014) 50Mcg/day
    Omeprazole (since 8/2014) 40Mg/day
    Prenatal Vitamins (per OBGYN- 9/2014) 1/day

First Round of Clomid (begining 9/13/14)
    Progesterone Level Day 20 Results: 4.5

Mom to 3 Furbabies and I have a 5 year old Step-Daughter

• Options
    Kinda...We are doing one more injectable cycle after this with no IUI and then I have my lap surgery scheduled so I'm benching myself until Jan at that point.  
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
    Jan 2014   - OB started some testing 
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                         - SA - Normal, but tested positive for Ureaplasma
                         - Both of us on antibiotics to treat ureaplasma
                         - Blood work - progesterone: 15.9, TSH: 0.89, FT4: 1.2, Prolactin: 33.4 
    Feb 2014   - Endometrial Biopsy - Normal
    Mar 2014   - Prolactin: 22.9, referred to RE
    Apr 2014   - First RE appointment, put on medication for high prolactin levels 
                      - Clomid (50 mg) 1 follicle, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - Second SA - All Normal, borderline morph (5%) 
    May 2014   - Clomid (100mg) 2 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - blood work: Estradiol: 32.7, FSH: 5.3, Prolactin: 14.1
    June 2014  - IUI #1, Clomid (150 mg), 3 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN 
    July 2014   - IUI #2, Clomid (150 mg), 4 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN
                       -Progesterone test 4 DPIUI - 7.8...started crinone.
    Oct 2014 - IUI #5 Follistim 150 3 possibly 4 follicles - Trigger Shot - BFN
    Oct/Nov 2014 - Follistim 150 with TI & Trigger shot - ???

**October Siggy Challenge**

I don't even know what he is supposed to be!

**EVERYONE WELCOME!! :)**

• Options
    Of course not! Doesn't Thanksgiving day sound like a great day for a beta? ::sarcasm::

To answer the question, I am not benching myself because I've been on the bench for 3 months and I'm sick of it, but I'm nervous about cycling during the holidays.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Options
    I'm currently 2dpIUI and I think we have decided that this is the last cycle for the year.  Last yr we ended up having monitoring appts on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and it was just a pain.  Since this is IUI #4 for us, we will be breaking through the holidays to start thinking about IVF.  Doc gave us the choice to move to IVF or try another IUI.  Just came off a 3 month break in Aug and honestly, I'm not hating the idea of another break.  Just takes so much out of you.  hoping we'll be telling everyone we are pregnant through the holidays instead of taking a break tho
    Siggie Warning, BFP/Loss mentioned

Me 31
        DH 35
    Married since 4/16/11
    NTNP since 2008
    Actively TTC # 1 since 4/16/2011

Sept 2012- Change Gyn after 3 yrs with no Diagnosis
    Oct 2012- Dx PCOS

April 2013- 50mg Clomid.....BFN
    May 2013- Referred to RE
    Sept 2013- Clomid 50mg (no response), 100mg (2 mature follies), Trigger, TI.....BFN
    Oct 2013- Clomid 100mg, 2 Mature follies, Trigger, TI....BFN

Nov 2013- Break to discuss IUI and other options
    Dec 2013- Clomid 100mg, Brevelle 75iu (CD 9,11,13-15) 112iu (CD 16-21) 150iu (CD 22-24)
    2 Follies vanished, Cycle scratched
    Jan 2014- Provera, awaiting AF
    Feb-Mar 2014- Gonal F 150iu (CD 3-9) 187.5iu (CD 10-12) 225iu (CD 13-22), 3 Follies, Trigger, IUI....BFN
    April 2014-Gonal F 225iu (CD 3-17), 1 Follie Trigger, IUI....BFP!!  Ectopic :*(
    Break after Ectopic May-Aug 2013

Sept 2014- Fermera (CD 3-7), Pregnitude, 1 Follie, Trigger, IUI...BFN
    Oct 2014-
    Fermera (CD 3-7), Pregnitude, 2 Follies, Trigger, IUI...BFP!!!
                 Beta #1: 144   Beta #2: 365    Beta #3: 1278     Miscarriage @ 6wks

• Options
    kristyn831kristyn831 member
    edited October 2014
    We should be done with our first IVF by the holidays, but I wasn't going to take a break either way.  I think a break is great for those who need it, but I wouldn't stop the prenatals.  It's recommended to be on them at least 3 months prior to conceiving.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    Ug the holidays. We are trying to continue with treatments but I'm stressed out about it. I counted out the days on the calendar and it looks like the November and December IUIs would be literally on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband keeps saying maybe the October IUI will work and we won't have to worry about it, but I'm pessimistic and I'm a planner.  My family is all coming to our house for Thanksgiving. So at least we'd be in the area in case we need to run in for an IUI.... but it would be super awkward because I haven't told any of them about the treatments. Christmas is more of a problem - we're supposed to go visit my in-laws. I really don't want to have to come up with excuses and then spend Christmas away from family. That would make me resent IF even more than I already do, especially if I ended up with a BFN. I'm trying to decide if it would be easier (make me less resentful) to just skip those cycles and take a break until January. But it's hard to voluntarily take a break when I'm so anxious to get pregnant!
    Married in 2011, NTNP until early 2012, TTC since early 2012

My husband was diagnosed with state IV colon cancer in 2009. Surgery and six rounds of chemo left him in remission (yay!) but with low testosterone. He took Androgel for two years starting in Jan 2011.
    -SA in Jan 2013: big fat zero; stopped Androgel
    -varicocelectomy in June 2013
    -SA in Dec 2013: 23mil/ml, really low morph
    -SA in March 2014: Count doubled! Morphology apparently no longer an issue.

Treatments:
    April 2014: hysteroscopy
    June 2014: TI (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 2 folliclces) = BFN
    July 2014: IUI#1 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    August 2014: IUI#2 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 43mil post-wash) = BFN
    September 2014: IUI#3 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 2 follicles, 15mil post-wash) = BFN
    October 2014: IUI#4 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1-2 follicles, 12mil post-wash) = BFN
    November 2014: IUI#5 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    December 2014: IUI#6 (gonal-f/ovidrel): 2 follicles, 55mil post-wash) = ???

*all are welcome!*

• Options

We are currently breaking/benched until after the 1st of the year. Partially due to the holiday's because of the money that comes with them, and we wanted to be stress free and be ourselves again during our favorite time of year. And like you, I wanted to DRINK! Peppermint schnapps hot chocolate anyone?!

I suggest that if anyone if throwing around the idea of a break, DO IT! It is so worth it!!!

:: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • Options
    lemonliz said:
    What do you do with the baking soda? What is Pregnitude? What do you use the melatonin for? What is royal jelly? All this is new stuff to me.

Someone posted a while back that her doctor suggested that she douche with baking soda because her vagina was too acidic for sperm to survive.  Apparently, after they did a post-coital test, the nurses determined that it worked, as in it did not kill the sperm.  That's as much as I know about that.  I would assume that unless you have an acidic v you wouldn't need to use baking soda, and it was a pretty hot topic round these parts because most doctors think douching is unsafe.  

lemonliz said:

Someone posted a while back that her doctor suggested that she douche with baking soda because her vagina was too acidic for sperm to survive.  Apparently, after they did a post-coital test, the nurses determined that it worked, as in it did not kill the sperm.  That's as much as I know about that.  I would assume that unless you have an acidic v you wouldn't need to use baking soda, and it was a pretty hot topic round these parts because most doctors think douching is unsafe.  

That was moi!  I should say - they were not in any way advocating regular douching - just once about a day or so before the BD is done.  And it was not recommended to me until after the post-coital test.  That is, they weren't advocating douching until they knew there was a specific issue at play.  I feel like I have to specify these things because I did this all under an RE's care - I would hate to see this passed around and ladies doing it without at least the specifics (preferably after speaking to your own RE about it first).  

That all being said - the first post-coital test I took (for those who don't know, the morning after sex, they take a sample of mucus from the cervix and look at it through a microscope to see how many sperm are alive and kicking) showed ZERO sperm alive (i.e. zero chance of getting pregnant).  The theory was my mucus was killing them all.

I was advised to do the baking soda douche that evening, about an hour before sex.  The next morning, another test.  Total difference. They like to see at least 2 to 3 alive for each screen shot - I had more like 20 to 30.  

They said going forward, there was no need to douche again.  So it was just once within an entire cycle.  I was also told to take 1200mg of Mucinex twice a day (regular, NOT DM - which can hurt things), and that continued until after I ovulated.  

The baking soda douche was 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of warm water. It was no big deal - my vagina didn't shrivel up and die from one time douching.  
  • Options
    Yep!  Although we are benching for a few different reasons, one of the major ones is that my husband and I both work in retail (me in two different stores, plus my own retail business) and so there is just no freaking way we could make all the appointments to do a cycle in November or December.  But, we are also benched because we're moving to IVF and we're broke ;)  I'm hoping, praying, and pinching every penny so that we'll be able to continue in February, but my fear is that it'll get pushed all the way back to April.  7 months is a long freaking time to wait when we've already been waiting 7 years. 
    ME 28, DH 28
    09/2007 Married
    11/2007 TTC
    03/2010 SA dx = low morphology
    03/2014 RE dx Unexplained Infertility DH numbers are all up and look wonderful.
    08/2014 IUI#1 Clomid +Gonal-F+Ovidrel = BFN
    09/2014 IUI #2 Clomid+Gonal-F+Ovidrel = BFN
    10/2014 WFT apt. moving to IVF in Feb. 2015 FX!
  • Options
    mbrookeRN said:
    Did your RE recommend the baking soda?  I remember another poster here talking about it but I've never heard of it otherwise.

I figure that we possibly have time for 2 more IUI cycles (hopefully we won't need them!)  before Christmas so that's the plan.  If I'm not KTFU by then, we'll wait until the beginning of February for any more treatment since we are going on vacation at the end of January.
    My RE didn't recommend the baking soda, but someone on here had success with her second post coital test after she used it so I may give it a try without asking my RE. I have LARGE amounts of CM and it's pretty thick and I've always wondered if that was the issue, so I thought why not put some baking soda up my vag and try it out lol.

Tilted uterus

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

• Options
    dogshowgirl: apparently douching with baking soda helps if you have hostile CM. I have a ton of CM and it is pretty damn thick so once I started researching it  I thought, why not. I take Pregnitude and Melatonin for egg quality along with royal jelly and CO Q10. None of these supplements were recommended by my RE, but after doing an insane amount of research I decided to jump on the supplement banwagon. 
    I was diagnosed with CIN 3 cervical dysplasia from HPV in April 2013 and took an insane amount of supplements (about 10 daily) to try to bring my body back into balance and so far I've had two normal paps so I'm a huge believer in supplements. I do a lot of research on the source of the supplements to ensure quality and try to only buy organic supplements and vegan if available. 

Tilted uterus

• Options
    @Ann612 thanks again for the secret potion recipe! I know I should be doing it under a doctors order, but I have a gut feeling my CM is the culprit of our issues. Every since your initial post I researched the shit out of it and was very surprised at all the success women have had with this method. I will only douche once per cycle though....Thanks again! If I get preggers the cycle I try it I'm sending you something special in the mail!

Turns out I've decided to side with alcohol over trying the baking soda douche. My best friend is coming to visit the first week in November and I want to drink my brains out with her. I haven't seen her in 4 years (we live on opposite coasts) and don't want to worry about a possible BFP. I think December will be my baking soda cycle. YAY for baking soda. I use that stuff for everything....shampoo....laundry detergent, toothpaste and now I'll try it up my vagina. Love the stuff. 

Tilted uterus

• Options
    Tiko99 said:
    @Ann612 thanks again for the secret potion recipe! I know I should be doing it under a doctors order, but I have a gut feeling my CM is the culprit of our issues. Every since your initial post I researched the shit out of it and was very surprised at all the success women have had with this method. I will only douche once per cycle though....Thanks again! If I get preggers the cycle I try it I'm sending you something special in the mail!

If it actually works, knowing I got someone out of this TTC hell will be reward enough.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    Ann612 said:
    Tiko99 said:

If it actually works, knowing I got someone out of this TTC hell will be reward enough.  Good luck!!
    We decided to wait for the baking soda until November just in case it works....and I also am a loser and ordered a douche from amazon because I didn't want to be observed buying one in the grocery store :) I'll let ya know the outcome in late November early December!

Tilted uterus

• Options
    Tiko99 said:
    Ann612 said:
    Tiko99 said:

We decided to wait for the baking soda until November just in case it works....and I also am a loser and ordered a douche from amazon because I didn't want to be observed buying one in the grocery store :) I'll let ya know the outcome in late November early December!
    I didn't even care, but did purchase at the pharmacy, and was happy that a woman rung me up!  DH and I got a kick from the fact that I had to buy a douche bag.  I suppose if we can't laugh at it in some way, we'll lose our minds.  Anyway - good luck in November :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"