November 2014 Moms
Options

First pregnancy 36wks 3.5cm dilated

due date is 11/10
My mid wife said she wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor next week I'm very nervous going to be a first time mom

Anyone else experience early labor?

Re: First pregnancy 36wks 3.5cm dilated

• Options

I have been 1 cm dilated 50% effaced since 29 weeks. Then at my 36 week check up yesterday I was 1-2 cm 50% effaced.

With DS, I was starting to thin at 36 weeks but not dilated. At my 37 week check up I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I delivered DS at 38 weeks exactly. He was perfectly healthy with no issues.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PandaConPandaCon member
    edited October 2014
    wallygirl said:

With my first pregnancy I walked around 3 cm dilated and 50-90% effaced from 36 weeks on. I still went to 40w 2d. My labor went pretty fast when it actually started.

This is pretty much how I was with DS. I went into labor at 39w 5d.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Yes I was 3 cm dialated my whole last month and never went into labor. I ended up being induced and it sure didn't go fast. 13 hours later!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    I have an appt Friday and I will be 1 day shy of 37 weeks! I am anxious to find out if anything is happening yet!
  • Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited October 2014
    lissydee said:
    3.5 cm isnt that bad of a place to start once you actually go into labor!
    Yes, this! I welcome any and all early cervical progression/ripening prior to the onset of labor. Though it is no guarantee of when labor will begin.

I was 3 cm and 80% effaced at 35 weeks with my first, and then 5 cm at 37. I was told "any day now" at that appt. Six days later I was still 5 cm and 80% effaced with a bulging bag. Other than the pelvic floor pressure and achy back, I felt good. I was induced later that night to avoid a precipitous birth outside the hospital.

I was 2-3 cm and 70% effaced at 37 weeks with my second, and 3-4 cm at 39 weeks exactly. That's when the midwife stripped my membranes. She gave me the option of returning to see if I was a solid 4 cm, or I could just go home and wait and see when labor would start. I went back out of curiosity and was 5 cm, but no labor. I made it to 7 cm with no labor. I started in transition, just like with my first.

I was 4 cm some time around 33 weeks with my third. And like with my first, I was 5 cm and 80% effaced with a bulging bag at 38 weeks. I was induced at 39w2d. 

My midwife with #3 had a client pregnant baby #5 that was 8 cm for two weeks, and my current midwives have had clients that walked around at 6-7 cm for a week+. That's definitely NOT a bad thing. It's a huge plus. For me, making it to 6-7 cm prior to the onset of labor is why I have extremely fast births.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    aeonlux said:

lissydee said:

3.5 cm isnt that bad of a place to start once you actually go into labor!

Yes, this! I welcome any and all early cervical progression/ripening prior to the onset of labor. Though it is no guarantee of when labor will begin.

I was 3 cm and 80% effaced at 35 weeks with my first, and then 5 cm at 37. I was told "any day now" at that appt. Six days later I was still 5 cm and 80% effaced with a bulging bag. Other than the pelvic floor pressure and achy back, I felt good. I was induced later that night to avoid a precipitous birth outside the hospital.

I was 2-3 cm and 70% effaced at 37 weeks with my second, and 3-4 cm at 39 weeks exactly. That's when the midwife stripped my membranes. She gave me the option of returning to see if I was a solid 4 cm, or I could just go home and wait and see when labor would start. I went back out of curiosity and was 5 cm, but no labor. I made it to 7 cm with no labor. I started in transition, just like with my first.

I was 4 cm some time around 33 weeks with my third. And like with my first, I was 5 cm and 80% effaced with a bulging bag at 38 weeks. I was induced at 39w2d. 

My midwife with #3 had a client pregnant baby #5 that was 8 cm for two weeks, and my current midwives have had clients that walked around at 6-7 cm for a week+. That's definitely NOT a bad thing. It's a huge plus. For me, making it to 6-7 cm prior to the onset of labor is why I have extremely fast births.

#majorjealousy

• Options
    I wasn't in pain. That didn't start till the contractions did :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    budzer said:
    PandaCon said:
    With my first pregnancy I walked around 3 cm dilated and 50-90% effaced from 36 weeks on. I still went to 40w 2d. My labor went pretty fast when it actually started.
    This is pretty much how I was with DS. I went into labor at 39w 5d.
    This is my dream!!! 

Silly question though are you in pain when dilated or do you even know? God I am clueless. Will google that.  
    Prior to the onset of contractions, no, at least not for me. Some say cervical twinges can mean you're dilating and effacing, and I'm sure I felt twinges here and there, but they weren't painful. The only thing I felt with all of them was the increased pelvic floor pressure and constant low backache during the last couple weeks.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I had a lot of braxton hicks with my first and around 35/36 weeks I was 3 cm dilated. I kept having bad braxton hicks so I figured I could have baby anytime. At almost 41 weeks I was induced and still only 3 cm dilated! So like others said could be anytime or could be weeks.

After reading all these posts now I'm craving a bagel or donut stat!!
  • Options
    Dilation before active labor means nothing. You could go 2 weeks past your edd and need to be induced or you could have a baby tomorrow.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"