April 2013 Moms
Options

Have you transitioned to a big kid bed?

CanukMamCanukMam member
edited October 2014 in April 2013 Moms
Have you made the switch to a toddler bed yet?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Have you transitioned to a big kid bed? 95 votes

Made the switch already!
8% 8 votes
Currently transitioning
1% 1 vote
Planning to transition soon
1% 1 vote
Still going strong with the crib (or co-sleeper/bedshare). No plans to switch anytime soon!
81% 77 votes
SS Show me the results
8% 8 votes

Re: Have you transitioned to a big kid bed?

• Options
    Wondering how many of you already made the switch to the toddler bed. We are currently transitioning and Sunday night was the first night where DS slept through the night in his twin bed without coming out to get into bed with us! So proud of him.

I knew that any day he would start climbing out of his crib, so we have a twin mattress on the floor in his room and figured it was time to try it out. So far so good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited October 2014
    Hey I never thought of that. I know my guy was getting upset about being confined to the crib. We bought some batman sheets and made a big deal about it. 
    Also he seems use the blankets on the bed but doesn't like them in the crib (tosses them out) for some reason so he ends up being quite cold at night in the crib and I can't get him to keep his socks on at  night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got no plans on transitioning him yet. DD slept in her crib until she was close to 3:)
    That being said, if he's starts climbing out of the crib, then we will definitely be transitioning.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Options
    Ha ha. No plans to transition until around 2-2.5 years, provided she doesn't try to climb out before that. DD1 went to a twin bed at 22 months after climbing out, and it was a nightmare. DD2 moved to a twin bed around 2.5 years, and that was an easier transition. I would keep DD3 in the crib longer, but DD1 wants her own room, and the only way to do that is to have DD2 and DD3 share. I figure in a year DD2 might be ready for the top bunk so DD3 can have the bottom.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Ginny has been in a full size bed since about June. She was starting to try and throw her short little leg over the top and I don't play that game. She sleeps great and we haven't had any issues. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    E got his tiwn bed three days before his third birthday. He's done surprisingly well, but I was in no hurry to give him extra freedom to combat bedtime. H will stay in her crib for at least a year, unless she becomes a climber.
  • Options
    I have a new LO arriving in Jan but with that being said..we plan to bed share again for as long as that works and use the pack n play for naps. so we won't probably need DS1s crib until this time next year.

We bought the mattress months ago and have it set up on the floor in his room. Its only recently that he's shown interest, figured we would try it and see how well it works. We've been doing it for a week and so far he gets up typically once a night, with one successful night with no wake ups. Typically after he wakes up I will put him back in his bed or maybe his crib if he is particularly restless.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will wait until he starts trying to climb out... orrr until I have another baby. Rhys is seriously the least adventurous child ever, so he may sleep in the crib forever haha.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Nope! Noah will be in his crib until at least 2.5-3 or until he is climbing out. He's going to be impossible to keep in a big boy bed.

• Options
    Gah and now we are in full on sleep regression. Won't even sleep in the crib without screaming bloody murder. Must now sleep in my arms and in our bed. Yay!! /s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can't transition dd from the pnp to the crib. I don't know of it's the hard sides, but she doesn't like it. Ds was in a crib until 3 when we decided he looked ridiculous, so we are in no hurry again :-)
  • Options
    CanukMam said:
    Gah and now we are in full on sleep regression. Won't even sleep in the crib without screaming bloody murder. Must now sleep in my arms and in our bed. Yay!! /s
    We are having this issue right now too which is why I was starting to think the toddler bed might be helpful since he seems to hate being in his crib right now & we could easily lay next to him initially.  I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm also trying not to create the habit of him having to sleep in our bed or in our arms every night.  (No knocks to those that co-sleep)  He goes to sleep in the crib fine ( I think b/c he's beat from his busy day) but when he wakes up several times throughout the night, he wants no part of the crib.  What are you doing to try and help him sleep through the night?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe I'm imagining it, but my kids slept 1,000x better in a bed (with a pillow and blankets) than they ever did in a crib. They're snugglers and love it. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    He cries for the 'bed' and hates going in the crib. We have several things causing our sleep issues:
    Cutting canines
    Recent Daylight savings time change
    Recent trip over seas with major jet lag (although we finally seem to be over this one)

I'm big on following his cues and he seems to want/need the extra comfort right now. So I put him to bed in the toddler bed, he typically comes out in the middle of the night, at that point I either let him sleep with us or I go back to his bed and snuggle with him. If I don't fall sleep myself, then I'll sneak back to bed once he dozes off.

I'm definitely getting one of those 'OK to wake' things someone mentioned earlier!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also, his mattress is on the floor. I have a bedrail/box spring on order, hoping this may keep him in the bed more, also I'm about 32 weeks pregnant and climbing out of his bed is becoming quite difficult ;)

Will eventually get an actual bedframe, maybe soon
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"