June 2013 Moms

Silence of the SPAMS...

Re: Silence of the SPAMS...

• @kari5186 - please unleash your inner nerd!  I've seen part of Vikings (which was awesome!  I'll have to go back and finish it) - but I have not seen the Forsyte Saga.

Or PM me if you'd rather keep your nerdiness from the rest of the board ;-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • itsStackieitsStackie member
    edited October 2014
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • @wren1212 - I haven't read that - I haven't read a whole lot of historical fiction (I'm generally a sci-fi/fantasy aficionado), so I'll have to add it to my ever-growing Goodreads list!

I'll have to revisit Call the Midwife.  Watching it when pregnant/when LO was really new made it extra raw and heart-wrenching.  

@subliminalrabbit, I've been browsing through our recipes thread and was wondering about the spaghetti squash/kale recipe.  Do you find it filling enough on its own or do you serve it as a side to something?  I'd be cool with it on its own, but I fear DH would want a bit more substance.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Thanks so much @kari5186 - that should certainly keep me occupied for a good while!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I am just getting home from a late night drug store run. KJ has diaper rash so bad that her vg looks swollen and she screamed and cried when I tried to change her diaper. I felt so bad for her I almost cried. I tried to get her to soak in a baking soda bath but she screamed and didn't want to sit. She only sat for less than 30 seconds. I sent OTC diaper rash cream to daycare with her but it is not enough. I'm putting together a big batch of the diaper rash recipe that I use at home. It works miracles. I hope when I send it to daycare they don't think it's odd because it's not the norm.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kari5186 said:
    Thanks so much @kari5186 - that should certainly keep me occupied for a good while!
    If you hurry, you can catch season 2 of the paradise on PBS.org!
    It looks like it expires on Dec 14th - so I think I have time to finegle it!  Thanks for the tip!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • @musicalsilver‌ The White Queen is really good.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• My DH is color blind and he swears he can't tell if my eyes are red or if KJ's bottom is red. Is he just crazy or is this really a thing?
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • @lioness13‌ yes. My stepdad is colorblind also. If I remember correctly he sees the green spectrum as reds.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @lioness13‌ do you mind sharing your diaper rash cream recipe? Grayson is on a super charged amoxicillin because regular amoxicillin didn't clear up his ear infections and it is causing a terrible diaper rash with him. I have the maximum strength desitin but it doesn't seem to be doing much. It's so bad that he refuses to sit down in the bath :( I know your pain and how you're feeling right now.
    image imageimageimage
  • @ColieAnn31‌
    I'm sure lioness's cream is even better, but butt paste has always worked better than desitin for my guy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lioness13‌ do you mind sharing your diaper rash cream recipe? Grayson is on a super charged amoxicillin because regular amoxicillin didn't clear up his ear infections and it is causing a terrible diaper rash with him. I have the maximum strength desitin but it doesn't seem to be doing much. It's so bad that he refuses to sit down in the bath :( I know your pain and how you're feeling right now.

+1
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lioness13 said:

@ColieAnn31‌ -KJ gets diaper rash when she is teething because her bowels are loose and runny.

My diaper rash cream recipe:

Equal parts (start with 1/2 teaspoon each)
    -Lotrimin antifungal cream
    -Neosporin plus pain relief ointment
    -Desitin max strength
    -Milk of Magnesia

I buy the generics of all of these and mix them in a small container that can be closed tightly. A little goes a long way, so 1oz is enough to last for a day or two.

Thank you so much!!!
    image imageimageimage
  • Looks like there's some drama brewing in SAHM-land and the folks over there are leaving TB for greener pastures.  

Bit hard to figure out what's actually going on though.  Anybody here know what's going on?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Looks like there's some drama brewing in SAHM-land and the folks over there are leaving TB for greener pastures.  

Bit hard to figure out what's actually going on though.  Anybody here know what's going on?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • @stargazer763 - that butt baby comment cracked my shit up.  I'm sad the post is gone, but I'm happy I at least had the chance to read it before it went away.

I feel like there was a big push for a migration several years back and a lot of nest folks moved?  But none of the "new" boards I've looked at seem to have a lot of activity.  

I guess they would if Parenting actually moved over there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • All this tooth talk description makes me cringe. My lo only have 2. We have a late 15 month apt so i plan to ask the doctor alllll the questions. Vitamin rec? Ect. Mh went to the 1 year apt and the reception was bad in the office.
  • @majwv8, I hope it heals without getting too much worse.

• @kari5186 - please unleash your inner nerd!  I've seen part of Vikings (which was awesome!  I'll have to go back and finish it) - but I have not seen the Forsyte Saga.

Or PM me if you'd rather keep your nerdiness from the rest of the board ;-)
    I haven't watched it yet, but there is a thing about called Titanic on PBS (I think).  I've just seen the ondemand for it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lioness13 said:
    My DH is color blind and he swears he can't tell if my eyes are red or if KJ's bottom is red. Is he just crazy or is this really a thing?

STUCK

@lioness13  My brother is color blind.  He's red/green.  He can't see when Lily has a diaper rash at all.  
  • @kari5186‌ I feel your pain on the crayon. Ours was green. It's a lot of work to get it out but vinegar, blue dawn dish soap and your regular detergent. Set washer on hottest water setting and put all clothes in to soak. I also boiled an extra pot of water to make it super hot. Let it sit for 15 mins then run cycle. Dry on a light cycle, check clothes and repeat until clean. It took me doing this 5 times before everything was pretty much back to normal.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • kari5186 said:

@kari5186‌ I feel your pain on the crayon. Ours was green. It's a lot of work to get it out but vinegar, blue dawn dish soap and your regular detergent. Set washer on hottest water setting and put all clothes in to soak. I also boiled an extra pot of water to make it super hot. Let it sit for 15 mins then run cycle. Dry on a light cycle, check clothes and repeat until clean. It took me doing this 5 times before everything was pretty much back to normal.

Did the super hot water shrink anything? This is such a PITA. Why oh why couldn't it have been a load of towels instead of clothes?!
    I didn't really have anything in the load that would shrink minus a sweatshirt that got a little shorter.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • 34blondie said:
    Didn't know she was pregnant... With twins. Miracle story and they are both just fine. https://fox6now.com/2014/10/14/she-didnt-know-she-was-pregnant-and-gave-birth-to-twins/
    I wonder if gained much weight, or if she noticed that.
  • GraceInCA said:

When I wear clothes with tags, I turn into a 4 year old child with sensory issues. GET IT OFF GET IT OFF.

I cut out all tags. I can't stand them!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Today was my day off and I didn't get anything done that I wanted to. Except take a nap because that was the most important. And I'm pissed at Alex. Lasagna is in the oven and booze are in the fridge. I'll be needing booze later.
    image imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"