Toddlers: 24 Months+

Hands constantly in mouth?

DS just turned 2 this past summer. His 2 year molars have been moving for awhile and all 4 have popped through. However in the last few weeks he has become obsessed with having his fingers/hands in his mouth. He literally has bite marks on his fingers from himself!! He will suck on his wrist, gnaw on his fingers, sometimes just sit there with his hands in his mouth for no reason. I've even offered him an old teether which he has picksed up a few times but am I missing something?? Is there like an oral fixation stage around this age? I'd think he'd have wanted to be doing this when he was working on popping his molars but they're all through the skin! I feel like all I do all day is tell him to get his hands out of his mouth!
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hands constantly in mouth?

• I know how you feel.. my little guy has had all of his teeth for ages but he bites on his nails constantly...I just give him a toothbrush when he is doing that.

He has been annihilating toothbrushes since he got his first one, so we are used to that and figured at least this way his teeth were getting  cleaned at the same time.  His nails are a mess ..I think he has weak nails like me because even his toe nails are a mess  ( yeah he tries to bite those too if we don't keep socks on him .. lol )  I am hoping he grows out of it,

If he keeps doing it I'm  going to assume

A: he has a mineral deficiency
    B: he is going to grow up to be a vampire
    C: he will grow out of it... I was also a terrible nail biter as a kid.

Hopefully they will grow out of it  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"