Hello ladies.. Question for you. — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Hello ladies.. Question for you.

I'm new to the board so I apologize if this has been asked numerous times. Today I'm having one of those days where I feel like I'm in a dark hole, everything hurts and I can't get myself out of bed and if I do get out of bed it's not for long. I feel as if I've been carrying a lot of stress lately and it has finally taken a toll on my mind and body. I have also recently stopped BF my 6 month old son plus dealing with little sleep compared to the norm.

My question is, at what point did you realize you needed help? I often find it difficult to conceal my "moods" but I try for the sake of keeping a happy marriage and just so I'm not such a debby downer all the time but then I have days like today and it's just really hard. My husband is a generally happy guy and he just doesn't understand. I've had issues with depression in the past, however the Zoloft I was taking made me feel robotic so I weaned myself off.

I'm beginning to feel as if I might need to find a new medication or something to help me. I feel like my moods are affecting the people around me negatively and it only makes it worse.

Wow. Sorry this was so drawn out. Thanks for listening.
photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg

Re: Hello ladies.. Question for you.

• It wasn't drawn out at all.

I think you should just seek help. 6 mths is a long time to struggle without any help. The sooner you seek help the better us what I have read and heard so I really would try to do what you can. You haven't talked to anyone?

I hear that a lot of people try a few meds before they find a good one that works for them.

I know it's really hard to deal with this. It really has been a struggle for me, too.
    J&NL[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards