School-Aged Children

Shaky hands

My daughter is 6 yrs old. She just started full day 1st grade. In preschool her teachers told me they noticed her hands would shake. It seemed to be related to heightened emotion. We brought it to her pedi who referred us to pedi neurologist. Last summer she had MRI and pedi neurologist said nothing showed up and she would probably outgrow it. Her kindergarten teacher mentioned it to me as we'll. I don't typically see it at home. The other day my daughter asked why her hands shake. I told her it was just part of how her body worked. I asked if it bothered her and she said a little. So now I'm concerned again. I typically notice it if she has woken up tired or is really upset. She tends to be on the anxious side and is a horrible eater. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Re: Shaky hands

• Has she had her thyroid levels checked?  Hand tremors and anxiety can both be signs of hyperthyroidism. 
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Is it at a certain time of day?  Mine shake when I haven't eaten for a few hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
    edited October 2014
    For our family its genetic, my grandmother, my mom, my brother and DS have it.

Its not Parkinson's, but mimics it - they are called essential tremors. I notice it will happens when anxious, it happens when they have to do work like handwriting or sitting still for meeting or watching a movie.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"