Nurseries and Baby Gear

Rocking Chair

My "major" dilemma:)  Do I buy a sleek (totally my taste) rocking chair that is comfy.  Or a monstrous, kind of hideous but REALLY comfortable rocking chair for baby boys room?   If you have a fab rocking chair...please feel free to share.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rocking Chair

• We have a Best recliner/glider and LOVE it. It's big, but I don't think it's hideous in the least. Plus it's incredibly comfortable. There are a lot of fabric choices, you maybe you could find one that suits your tastes. They also have several different styles of chairs, some smaller and sleeker than others. We didn't use ours a lot in the beginning when the baby slept in our room, but now I use it everytime I nurse. I can't imagine not having a super comfy chair to sit in.
  • KikiCohenKikiCohen member
    edited October 2014
    Choose comfort.  We were given a rocking chair that had been in DH's family for years.  It's a wooden chair and so.freaking.uncomfortable.  We ended up moving it to our master bedroom where we have more space and I used the recliner in our living room.

ETA: And I suggest a fabric that's easy to clean.  DS had horrible reflux for six months, so the chair got puked on... a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • We purchased a Lazy Boy rocker recliner. It is on the smaller side, but it is extremely comfortable. Fits perfectly in the nursery both in size and style. Perfect for late night snuggling
  • I am so grateful we had a Best BodyRest recliner in DS's room. It is huge, super comfy, and was great for those hours of nursing and snuggling and reading stories. It reclines totally flat; I slept in it while pregnant and dealing with heartburn, when DS gets sick and I want to be near him, or just napping together now that he's older. We didn't buy it specifically for the nursery, but it's been awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"