Special Needs

pediatric mood dysregulation disorder??

We met with a new psychologist that specializes in social skills training. Today was our intake apt with our son.  We spoke about the issues we were having with our son while he was off his risperidol. (moody roller coasters, kicking, imagining situations that were not there)  He was REALLY concerned!  
When I explained went through our sons's history about how he was "sort of" DX Bipolar by a Fellow Dr., but than his real dev/behavior pedi took that DX away and just said it was a "mood disorder," he said, after meeting with us for 45 minutes, that it sounds like he has what the DSM2 is calling "pediatric mood dysregulation disorder."  Our son has to go through a psychological evaluation soon, but he really is leaning towards that, on top of his ADHD, anxiety and sensory issues. 

I am just getting home and the kids are settled and doing quiet activities...so I am online trying to learn about this PMDD.  As I google it, I am finding hard to read, scholarly articles.  Does anyone have any info on this?  Thoughts? Would love to know more about this and if anyone has children with this DX and how they are doing.  Would love to know some coping skills we can show our son. 

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"