May 2015 Moms
Options

Soft serve ice cream from chick fil a??

Are you guys having any? I

Re: Soft serve ice cream from chick fil a??

• Options
    Nope. I get all hand-dipped ice cream. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I boycott Chick-fil-A but I will take some ice cream.

BabyFruit Ticker

Siggy challenge:

• Options
    I literally just had a soft serve cone at chick fil a about 15mins ago. Oh no! Am I supposed to die now?! :O

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFTC. I don't like ice cream.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    GFJ48 said:
    I don't have a chick fil a near me. But yes I'm eating soft serve ice cream when I feel like it. Well, let's be honest...I'm eating ANY ice cream when I feel like it.
    Michigan sucks for not having a Chic Fil A... Now I want a chicken sandwich and waffle fries...mmmm.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

BFP #1 - 6-2009 - edd 1-23-10 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 13wks 2days - D&C
    BFP #2 - 10-15-2010 - Baby boy born 6-11-11
    BFP#3 - 6-2013 - edd 2-21-14 -mmc discovered by u/s @ 9 wks - D&C
    BFP #4 - 3-10-14 - edd 11-19-14 - natural miscarriage 4-10-14
    BFP #5 - 8-24-14 - edd 5-5-15 - Please be our RAINBOW!!! <3
    U/S 9-30 - baby measuring right on track, heart rate of 155bpm
    U/S 10-8 & 10-14 - baby is growing perfectly!
    10-20 - 151 bpm 10-31 153 bpm
    11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
    12-11 & 12-18 - 144 bpm everything looked great at recheck of a/s
  • Options
    There is theory that soft serve is on the bad list because there is no way to guaranty how long the mix has been in the machine or if it is cleaned regularly.

There is an increased risk of listeria with soft serve because of that, however, I am in the "everything in moderation" camp with this.

CFA is always clean, I'm assuming they clean their machines so, yes, I'll eat their ice dream cones.

Me - 34
    Him - 35
    DS #1 (after IUI, IVFs/FET and miscarriages) Alexander, IVF# 4 w/PGD, b. 10.22.08
    DS #2 (natural pregnancy) Andrew, b. 9.15.11
    Currently Expecting #3 - lightening strikes twice - another Natural Pregnancy EDD 5.11.15
  • Options
    @HilarityEnsued‌ - Saying "hand-dipped" ice cream is a common term here. Maybe it's a Midwest thing, but to answer the OP question: Screw soft served. I prefer "hand-dipped".
  • Options
    We say hand dipped in the south too.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I'm currently enjoying my good friends Ben and jerry :)
  • Options
    @GFJ48 and @elliamanda83 - come to Chicago (and the suburbs) - we have Chick-Fil-A!

Also, I am a southwest Michigan girl at heart, born and raised :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Also, I would have never thought that soft serve could be a potential no-no.  I definitely ate it during my last pregnancy and plan to during this one.

When I hear "hand-dipped" I also think of dipped in chocolate.  I had no idea it meant scooped.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    shmeell25 said:
    When I read "hand dipped" I thought it meant dipped in chocolate like the cones from Dairy Queen. Now I want that so bad.
    This is what I thought the first time I saw it too....it was very disapointing when I received my ice cream and there was no chocolate on top
    :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I literally just had a soft serve cone at chick fil a about 15mins ago. Oh no! Am I supposed to die now?! :O

Did you trade in your kid's toy for a free cone and then not share it with her? Some day she may realize what you are doing and take revenge.

I did, but also shared. She has slow weigh gain issues 20lb 2.5 year old, so any extra fat we can get in her is best. :P

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @elliamanda83 - There are two in downtown!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
    edited October 2014

There is theory that soft serve is on the bad list because there is no way to guaranty how long the mix has been in the machine or if it is cleaned regularly.

There is an increased risk of listeria with soft serve because of that, however, I am in the "everything in moderation" camp with this.

CFA is always clean, I'm assuming they clean their machines so, yes, I'll eat their ice dream cones.

I read this in my baby book too. But really if you're eating anything from anywhere or anyone other than yourself you have no idea if people have good hygiene, if machines are clean, how it's been handled... I'm trying to make peace with this. Sigh...
  • Options
    Thank you. That's why I was asking the question. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just heard about the bacteria in the tubes it comes out of... Whether chick fil a or somewhere else.
  • Options
    Ugh now I'm craving both chic fila and ice cream!

• Options
    Sorry you and all the people who liked your comment, didn't understand. A few people were able to gather I was asking if you've heard it is safe to eat. Are you eating it? Or just anything anyone knows about it. I've heard different things....
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    I ate like 8 Chic-Fil-A cones my first two weeks of this pregnancy before I heard about the no soft serve rule. I ate Chic-Fil-A ice cream with my first pregnancy every other day because I worked near one and DS is fine. 
    imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
  • Options

shmeell25 said:

When I read "hand dipped" I thought it meant dipped in chocolate like the cones from Dairy Queen. Now I want that so bad.

+1

I'm in the South and I've never paid attention to the hand dipped situation.  It's kind of a hilarious way to say "scooped with an ice cream scoop from a tub"

We actually just simply call it "hard ice cream". Which makes sense. Since it's the opposite of soft serve.

You silly southerners.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I grew up in Ohio and I don't remember ever hearing hard ice cream called hand-dipped. There was just soft-serve and...not. Usually we referred to it by name of the ice cream place (Graeter's, Ben and Jerry's, etc). How random. Maybe the people who called it hand-dipped were the same silly people who say soda instead of pop.   ;)

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    I don't discriminate...during pregnancy I am an equal opportunity ice cream lova

• Options

Did you trade in your kid's toy for a free cone and then not share it with her? Some day she may realize what you are doing and take revenge.

Dude. You can do this??
    ::::mind blown::::

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Options
    Well I am most definitely getting a pumpkin pie blizzard after my appointment tomorrow. It's my favorite thing about October. I can't wait.
  • Options
    I ate a Frosty from Wendy's yesterday. It was amazing.
  • Options
    10Nessie said:

Well I am most definitely getting a pumpkin pie blizzard after my appointment tomorrow. It's my favorite thing about October. I can't wait.

Oooo good idea!!! I have an appointment tomorrow too, I might copy you ;)

• Options
    Soft serve ice cream is amazing! I live in Wisconsin, so there is no Chik-Fil-A here, but I've been doing either McDonald's, Culver's, or Dairy Queen ice cream. Yum!
  • Options

Soft serve ice cream is amazing! I live in Wisconsin, so there is no Chik-Fil-A here, but I've been doing either McDonald's, Culver's, or Dairy Queen ice cream. Yum!

I'm with ya... No Chik-Fil-A here in Wisconsin, but I did have Culver's tonight and it was delicious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've read the same thing... That soft serve is not good because the machines could carry bacteria. If you know for a fact that the establishment cleans the machines regularly, then I don't see why not. That's why it's better to eat actual ice cream because it has been pasteurized and frozen. Unfortunately it has more calories as well! I've been indulging in Ben 'n Jerrys.
  • Options

Dude. You can do this??
    ::::mind blown::::

Fuck yes you can! You can get a cone or bowl full of delicious soft serve. Mmmm.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I ate a Frosty from Wendy's yesterday. It was amazing.

Me too! But I can't handle eating it in one sitting. I am on day 3. I am firmly in the "anything in moderation" camp. And now on top of that I want a chili cheese hot dog.
  • Options
    You have to trust the teenagers care enough to do a good job cleaning those machines. If you trust teenagers to be thorough go ahead and eat it.

I used to work at a place that served frozen yogurt and I had to "breakdown the machine" when I worked to clean it. I did a good job cleaning it although NO ONE supervised or checked to make sure I actually did it. Usually the machine was filthy because the boys who worked opposite shifts of me only cleaned the outside nozzles and no one was the wiser.

So no I don't trust any place with soft serve when I'm pregnant. It's true you're always at risk for listeria but your something like 50x more susceptible when you're pregnant and of course the biggest risk is to the baby.

I really want a milkshake :(
  • Options
    Dude. You can do this?? ::::mind blown::::
    Fuck yes you can! You can get a cone or bowl full of delicious soft serve. Mmmm.
    :::LURKING:::

You're my hero. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"