Parenting after a Loss
Options

Rolling over?

Over on my BMB, I keep reading about babies who are already rolling from tummy to back at two months (the same age as R.). Here I was thinking he was a champ at tummy time for holding up his head so well and turning it from side-to-side. 

Three months or so is really the norm for rolling over, right? My guy has a big head, too, so that might make it harder for him at first.

(Add this to the infant check-in QOTW, things I swore I'd never do: obsess about milestones. :-P )

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

Re: Rolling over?

• Options
    Your baby is completely normal. Rolling doesn't usually happen until somewhere around 4 months. Later in some cases.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    You baby sounds perfectly normal to me!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby boots didn't start rolling front to back until 3 months so you're totally fine! 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    Ok, good! That's what I thought. 

The Internet is a beautiful thing until it makes you paranoid. :)

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Anabelle is 4 months and despises tummy time and refuses to roll over. She was a preemie so she has a little more time but pedi wasn't concerned. Don't worry! :)

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Options
    P rolled at 4 months.  To be fair, he was diagnosed with a gross motor delay at 2 months of age, but that had more to do with his neck muscles than anything else.
  • Options
    My LO still hasn't rolled over either and he is now 4-months. I am a little concerned but we are practicing rolling over and increasing tummy time which he hates. I am hoping he will do it soon.
  • Options
    AJN said:
    My LO still hasn't rolled over either and he is now 4-months. I am a little concerned but we are practicing rolling over and increasing tummy time which he hates. I am hoping he will do it soon.
    My little guy only rolled tummy to back for the first time the other day (he turned 4 months a week ago). He hasn't done it since, but he seems desperately like he wants to sit up so maybe he's more focused on that. I thought for sure he'd roll back to belly by now because he's been getting about 3/4 of the way over since he was 7 weeks old but hasn't decided to flip all the way yet. ;)
  • Options
    Well, R. just rolled tummy-to-back yesterday for the first time (he's four months old today). He did it twice in a row and then not again, so it might not be a regular thing yet, but he did it. 

He's getting much closer to back-to-tummy as well. He's kicking and rocking and throwing one leg over the other, so maybe in a few weeks?

My doc wasn't the least bit concerned, either, and he is hitting all his other milestones so far.

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"