February 2015 Moms
Options

pinworms while being pregnant

so there was an outbreak at my nieces school they're always around my kids so now they have then and I'm thinking that I have them too. I called my doctor let her know and she told me there nothing that she can do for the pinworm .Does anyone know anything about the home remedies that I can take while being pregnant I am really freaking out I need advice.

Re: pinworms while being pregnant

• Options
    What are pinworms?
  • Options
    kefttsckefttsc member
    edited October 2014
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What are pinworms?

If you aren't familiar with it don't look it up before bed or before/after eating.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had them when I was a kid. Doc gave me one little red pill and they were gone in two days. Maybe the pill is unsafe while pregnant. I hope you get relief. It sucks big time!
  • Options
    So, she had NO advice whatsoever? I don't understand. I would call back in the morning and ask for clarification. If she says she "can't help you," ask who you need to talk to and what you should be doing. Does she want you to go to your general practitioner? Is there something OTC you can take? I have no first hand experience with this but I'm pretty sure if you do have worms some sort of action needs to be taken.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm surprised she/he didn't help you at all. I didn't think you could get rid of that naturally since it's usually cyclical and reinfection (?) occurs. I hope you get some answers!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I thought my son had pinworms - luckily it turned out he didn't have them after all. 

I did call my OB though when we thought it was pinworms, and she approved me to take the OTC pinworm meds you can find at the drugstore (pin-x or reese's). She assured me that one dose of the meds would be safe if I wanted to take it for precautionary measures. I would ask your doctor if they think it is acceptable for you to take that. 

I obviously didn't end up taking it since we found out it was a false alarm, so I don't have any advice on side effects or anything. Sorry not much help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ugh, I am so sorry. I had those when I was a kid, and it sucked. I agree with PPs. Call your doctor back and find out what you can do. 

Although a quick Google search revealed that other people have been told what you have been. It seems that the medicine isn't safe for pregnant women and you just have to suck it up until after the baby is born. So sorry you're dealing with this! :-(

• Options
    Thanks all of this is really helpful..and ill give my ob a call in the morning .thanks again
  • Options
    so today I woke up pretty early and went to my ObGyn's office so I can get some more answers. She said all the medications they are for pinworms are not safe for pregnant women.so she gave me a list of think that i can start doing to try to get rid of them on my own.feels so much better that I at least got the answer today..and thanks for all of your help really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"