Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

growth spurt already?

My DD is 11 days old and it seems as though she has forgotten how to sleep the last couple of nights. She had been sleeping 1 1/2 to 2hours at night and now it's 30 mins if I'm lucky. She also seems more hungry. She'll feed from one side, then fall asleep (stimulating and burping doesn't wake her) and within 10-15 mins she's awake and ready to go again. Could this be a growth spurt already?

Re: growth spurt already?

• Options
    Are you just constantly feeding her all night? Also, what are you doing to stimulate her while nursing?  When I was nursing my DD (she's 2 now), I used to have to strip her down and sometimes take off the diaper to wake her up enough to eat.  She basically never ate clothed and always got a diaper change once she finished with the first breast! By then she was awake enough for round 2!  How is she sleeping/eating during the day?  Frequent feedings do usually signal a growth spurt, but that is usually accompanied by sleeping.  That being said, every baby is different! Good luck!!!
  • Options
    DD1 we used to have to strip down to a diaper only to keep her awake enough to drink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wonder Weeks! A really great app that shows growth spurts. Check it! (And yes its normal.) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"