Trouble TTC

Talk to me about your O after Ovidrel

Good Monday morning, everyone!

What ovulation symptoms, if any, do you get after your trigger shot? Are they different than what you experienced if you ovulated on your own?

I administered my first trigger on Friday, and I'm going to beginning progesterone support tonight. I'm a little anxious going into this 2WW without my usual arsenal of of OPK and temping evidence  - I also felt none of the temporary fluttering/local stabby pains that I've always associated with my independent ovulation cycles. Instead, last night around bedtime I had very intense cramping, spread all throughout my lower abdomen. 

Thanks in advance, ladies :)

Re: Talk to me about your O after Ovidrel

• I've done 5 iuis and each time I had an ovidrel shot. Honestly, this last iui was the only time that I can remember feeling anything. I had pretty bad cramps throughout my lower stomach. But I swear, every other time I've questioned whether or not I actually ovulated because I didn't feel anything at all.
  • I don't O on my own so I don't know how it feels to O without trigger.  Normally I get some mild cramping in the side of the follie.  I think I've had 1 cycle with multiple follies, and that one came with a little more strong cramping.  Not really anything other than that for me
    Siggie Warning, BFP/Loss mentioned

Me 31
        DH 35
    Married since 4/16/11
    NTNP since 2008
    Actively TTC # 1 since 4/16/2011

Sept 2012- Change Gyn after 3 yrs with no Diagnosis
    Oct 2012- Dx PCOS

April 2013- 50mg Clomid.....BFN
    May 2013- Referred to RE
    Sept 2013- Clomid 50mg (no response), 100mg (2 mature follies), Trigger, TI.....BFN
    Oct 2013- Clomid 100mg, 2 Mature follies, Trigger, TI....BFN

Nov 2013- Break to discuss IUI and other options
    Dec 2013- Clomid 100mg, Brevelle 75iu (CD 9,11,13-15) 112iu (CD 16-21) 150iu (CD 22-24)
    2 Follies vanished, Cycle scratched
    Jan 2014- Provera, awaiting AF
    Feb-Mar 2014- Gonal F 150iu (CD 3-9) 187.5iu (CD 10-12) 225iu (CD 13-22), 3 Follies, Trigger, IUI....BFN
    April 2014-Gonal F 225iu (CD 3-17), 1 Follie Trigger, IUI....BFP!!  Ectopic :*(
    Break after Ectopic May-Aug 2013

Sept 2014- Fermera (CD 3-7), Pregnitude, 1 Follie, Trigger, IUI...BFN
    Oct 2014-
    Fermera (CD 3-7), Pregnitude, 2 Follies, Trigger, IUI...BFP!!!
                 Beta #1: 144   Beta #2: 365    Beta #3: 1278     Miscarriage @ 6wks

• Loading the player...

• molly84 said:
    I've done 5 iuis and each time I had an ovidrel shot. Honestly, this last iui was the only time that I can remember feeling anything.
    Ditto this. I've never felt any ovulation pains whether on my own or with the trigger. Good luck!
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• during the last 2 IUI cycles, I had intense cramping, which felt like it stretched along my entire abdomen. I think that it was most likely due to multiple follicles, rather than theOvidrel, but who knows. What you experienced sounds like my normal

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I read that O as in orgasm. :-)

I did feel a little crampy the morning of my IUIs.  Not too bad and I could do anything that I would normally do.  Good luck!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Thanks, everyone! It sounds like the general area cramping seems to be the thing - I'm guessing that I ovulated during/after those cramps last night.

Yes, @BlueJoan, I was monitored and had bloodwork and an US the morning before I triggered. However, my RE's not having me come back until I miss my period or CD 1. Should I be concerned that I'm not getting 7DPO work? I'm going to be on Progesterone.

@ronniesgirl1981 - Ha! "Oh, ovulation. BORING."

• BunnyBerryBunnyBerry member
    edited October 2014
    I took Ovidrel for the first time last week. The shot burned a little going in, and the skin was a little inflamed afterward, but it felt fine in time for BDing later that night. :)

The next 3 days or so I had constipation (which left me feeling very bloated and gassy) and woke up with nausea, as if I was super hungry or had heartburn. I was also exhausted and had to sleep before 8pm for a few nights. I noticed all three issues disappearing by the 3rd or 4th day post trigger. I'm pretty sure it's related to the shot because I usually have more diarrhea (Crohn's disease), but then my digestive system is pretty sensitive anyways.

A strange thing that I think is related is that my scalp and hair are usually very dry, but after the trigger my scalp was getting very oily even the day I washed it (usually it stays clean for 4-5 days after washing). Now almost a week later my scalp is still a little oilier than usual but I only had to wash after 3 days.

Another fun/ironic symptom - took an HPT 3 and 5 days post trigger, and they were both positive. Was able to see a shadow show up instantly, and the 1DPO test was about 1/2 as dark as the control line, and the 3DPO test was maybe 1/4 as dark. That is an interesting experience, that's for sure!

As far as 7DPO bloodwork - I've never gotten it, but then I'm on estrace anyway and it has given me slightly longer luteal phases with no spotting, so I am not worried about progresterone/implantation. At our office, we test progesterone along with a second beta if we are pregnant. 

ETA: I had much less intense ovulation pain/cramping this time than earlier cycles without a trigger (always with one mature follie).
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I just took my first Ovidrel shot last night so this post was very helpful!  I had cramping before I took the shot and I still have some cramping after.

I know this is a question within a question on this board, but should I expect fertile CM with Ovidrel?  I don't have anything yet but they said I wasn't supposed to ovulate until Wednesday. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    TTC since July 2013
    September 2013 period still hasn't started since getting off BC
    October 2013 OBGYN prescribed 4 months of unmonitored Clomid
    3 Months of Clomid, ovulated once
    Opted to not do 4th cycle without proper testing found new OBGYN
    January 2014 new OBGYN diagnosed me with PCOS ordered ultrasound
    January 2014 Ultrasound found possible uterine septum
    February 2014 MRI confirmed uterine septum, referral to RE
    March 2014 RE scheduled septum removal for late June
    Benched due to possible miscarriages if falling pregnant, back on BC
    June 2014 Septum Removal surgery, hysteroscopy/laparascopy
    Laparascopy revealed mild endometriosis
    Benched until September 2014 for recovery and healing
    October 2014 - First letrozole, HCG trigger, TI cycle, 18mm follie
    November 2014 - BFP - loss at 6 weeks
    January 2015 - Green light to try again 18mm follie, letrozole, HCG trigger 
    January 2015 - BFP - two ultrasounds and strong heartbeat found on Doppler!!!

• The first IUI I used Novarel. I felt one sided constant cramps for about 24 hours, that started 24 hours after the shot. This time I used Ovidrel and did not cramp. The worst part of the Ovidrel was the awful metallic taste I had for days after.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"