Trouble TTC

Ladies with PCOS? :)

Hi all! I am fairly new here and was just hoping to meet some of the nice ladies out there that have PCOS in the 3T crowd. I was diagnosed at 20 after years of absent periods and I was convinced I would never be a mom because of it. I have struggled with my weight my entire life, along with the lovely side effect of facial hair and hair thinning. I am basically incapapble of O'ing on my own, I've only had about 3 natural periods my entire life, and I was 15 or 16 years old. DH and I have been struggling because of this but he has been wonderful putting up with my mood swings and depression.
Anyway enough about me, I want to meet some of you and hear some of your stories and what you are doing to deal with this disease. Sometimes I feel so alone in having this and it eats at me sometimes, and these forums help me not feel that way! (You are also welcome if you don't have PCOS, I would love hearing all of your stories and meeting you all.  
By the way my name is Yolanda, but my friends call me Yoyo :)
Me: 24 
DH:25
TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
dogshowgirl[Deleted User]

Re: Ladies with PCOS? :)

• Hey Yoyo! Welcome to 3T! I'm a fellow PCOS girl. There are quite a few of us over here. You've come to a great place for support :)

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

yepitsme215
  • Hi Yoyo! I also have PCOS. I'm pretty sure I have had it for a long time, but just got diagnosed recently. I came off BCPs a couple years ago and my body went crazy. I went to an RE for testing and am currently taking Metformin while getting ready to try Femara. You have found a board for great support along with a lot of knowledge. Look forward to chatting more!
    Married 06.30.2012
    TTC 10.01.2012
    BFP 06.04.2014  EDD 02.13.2015  D&C 07.25.2014

photo February4_zps0abb1614.jpg
    RE Consult Results
    Me: 32, PCOS, Hypothyroid, HSG All Clear
    DH: 33, Low Morph (2.5%)
    11.2014 (Letrozole+IUI+Progesterone)=?

yepitsme215
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome YoYo! Well I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. Prior to my diagnosis I had been on birth control pills for like 20 years so I didn't have any real symptoms then. But as soon as I went off drugs my body went crazy...oily skin, hair thinning and weight gain. I didn't really have much facial hair...but my family isn't really hairy. I still don't even shave my legs. But now I'm on 2000 mg of Metformin and I think this is the right dosage for me it helps with symptoms and sometimes I even O on my own.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

yepitsme215
  • Just got diagnosed with PCOS in July. I'm thinking I've had it for atleast 3 years now. My RE in Nov said I didn't have it because I didn't have the classic polycystic ovaries, all my labs were normal and didn't really have any other symptoms besides the super irregular periods I've had for the last 3 years. Got officially diagnosed in July because I asked to get my testosterone retested because my hair was falling out massively! Came back high at 76.
    Me: 37 DH: 37, married since Sept. 2013. "actively" TTC for a total of 13 months (after 7 months of TTC, took a 1 1/2 year hiatus due to work scheduling and wedding planning. Started up again after our wedding in Sept.) First evaluation by an RE November 2013

HSG-normal
    OH-tiny polyp found, but RE assured me she doesn't think it's contributing to infertility and doesn't recommend me to remove it because it's so small.
    DH's SA-normal
    Hormones all within normal levels
    Ovarian Reserve-RE says "is great" she's not concerned about my egg quantity (which I was until I saw her and results came back good!) 

04/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    06/2012 50mg Clomid=BFN (prescribed by OBGYN, not monitored)
    11/2013 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger=BFN (prescribed by RE, monitored with US (2 dominant follicles) and baseline bloodwork done)
    01/2014 100mg Clomid, with HCG trigger-(prescribed by RE, monitored with US-1 dominant follicle)=BFN
    06/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger (prescribed by RE, monitored with US-2 dominant follicles), IUI #1 on 7/3/14=BFN
    07/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, benched for IUI#2 this cycle, because I ovulated on my own before my follicular US. Progesterone suppositories=BFN Diagnosed with PCOS this month too. Testosterone levels high at 76. =( 
    08/2014 7.5mg Letrozole, HCG trigger with 19mm follicle. IUI#2 on 8/31 cancelled last minute due to family emergency. 
    09/2014 Taking a 3 month break starting this month. If not pregnant in 3 months, will start up again with medicated cycles and IUIs. Had all my labs and AFC re-evaluated this month also. RE says nothing much has changed since my eval last November, okay for me to take a little break. =) 

yepitsme215
  • Hello there!

PCOS Cyster over here! I was diagnosed January 2014 after I thought that I was pregnant and just not getting a positive HPT. I hadn't had a cycle since November 2013 so my husband and I got excited thinking we were pregnant :-( Not so much. All of this started when I got off of birth control November of 2012 as I wanted to give my body enough time to get the BC out of my system in time for our wedding (6/15/13). Turns out, the birth control was what was keeping me regular. At the same time, I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease (Hypothyroidism). I am currently on Metformin (Extended Release) 1500mg (3 Once a day) and Synthroid 50 Mcg (One tablet in the morning). Hope to hear good progress from you soon!

**************************SIGGY WARNING********************************

Dx: PCOS (January 2014)

Dx: Hashimoto's [Thyroid] Disease (January 2014)

Dx: GERD (August 2014)

Treatments/Medicines:

Metformin (since 1/2014) 1500Mg/day
    Synthroid (since 1/2014) 50Mcg/day
    Omeprazole (since 8/2014) 40Mg/day
    Prenatal Vitamins (per OBGYN- 9/2014) 1/day

First Round of Clomid (begining 9/13/14)
    Progesterone Level Day 20 Results: 4.5

Mom to 3 Furbabies and I have a 5 year old Step-Daughter

yepitsme215
  • It's true was @rainbowbridge14 said, PCOS diagnosis means the best chances for pregnancy with treatment compared to other diagnoses. :D 
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
    yepitsme215[Deleted User]Diordra
  • Hi YoYo!  I'm a fellow PCOSer as well, just diagnosed in July.  I struggled with some level of acne since my teenage years that was only mildly better on birth control and have always had a lot of body hair as well.  I always chalked that up to an ethnic thing, though, since I have some very hairy family members as well.  My guess would be that the biggest tell that I've missed all these years was irregular period, but since I had been on birth control non-stop since I was 18, I just never remembered how regular or irregular my period was when I was younger.  I was really active in dance and sports when I was younger too, so I think any irregularity in my cycle then was blamed on that.

So basically, I was pretty much caught off guard by all the things that happened when I went off the pill last year.  Unfortunately, I have some other issues as well that became known during testing, likely impacting my fertility, but hopefully with the right treatment plan we'll be lucky.

Good luck!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

yepitsme215[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • I love hearing all your stories and knowing that we can support each other. I agree with PP who said that they can't believe how much PCOS goes undiagnosed. I was told by doctors (up until I was 20) that it was normal and periods usually bounce back after a while. I agree with whoever said PCOS is more treatable than a lot of issues so thats always comforting to think about!

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • Hi Yoyo! Yet another PCOSer here. Just wanted to welcome you. I know it can be so frustrating and discouraging but there is a good chance of successful pregnancy with PCOS. You just need to work with an RE (my RE wishes all her patients had PCOS), take meds, be monitored and be diligent in your treatment. Since you've likely not ovulated much, you probably have a lot of eggs waiting to be stimulated. Make sure your doctor monitors those follicles closely because it sounds like you're in a prime situation for high order multiples.

Welcome to 3T.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

yepitsme215[Deleted User]
  • @BlueFairy5 you are most definitely not alone!  I'm not Italian, but often mistaken for it so I definitely understand.  I'm somewhat pale skinned with pitch black hair EVERYWHERE!  I'm so jealous of women who are hairy but blonde!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

Shauntee
  • @BlueFairy5 you are most definitely not alone!  I'm not Italian, but often mistaken for it so I definitely understand.  I'm somewhat pale skinned with pitch black hair EVERYWHERE!  I'm so jealous of women who are hairy but blonde!
    I meant to respond to @BlueFairy5 as well, my mom is part African American and my dad is Italian and French, so not only do I get the nice lip hairs from my dad's Italian side, but I also get the typical coarse hair thats almost impossible to comb through. I just feel like I was cursed from the beginning, PCOS or not haha.

• ShaunteeShauntee member
    edited October 2014
    Welcome! I have PCOS as well, so I can relate to the whole unwanted hair situation. I was not diagnosed until I was 29. My cycles were always irregular. Sometimes I would only have two or three cycles in a year. Every time I would complain about my infrequent periods I was told it was my weight and stress. So I was somewhat relieved to get the diagnosis because it meant I could try to fix it. Like some of the PP I am also on Metformin which has helped my cycle become more regular.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Hi, fellow PCOS gal here.  I didn't get my dx until last March.  I don't have classic PCOS symptoms and the few that I did have, irreg cycles and the big cystic acne was always chalked up to Hashimotos thyroid.  Our first visit to the RE she took one look at my labs and walked me right over to the US room and turned the monitor to show me the string of pearls on my ovaries.  It seems that when my TSH and T4 are in tight control my PCOS behaves itself.  Sorry you find yourself here but the ladies are awesome. 

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Hi there!  Another PCOS girl here.  I was diagnosed as a young teen, and was on various types of hormonal BC in order to get a regular cycle.  Unmedicated, I do not O, either.  The non-fertility related symptoms sucked on their own, but I had no idea that it would cause such a problem with TTC.  I definitely struggle with letting go of the regret of not starting TTC earlier.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • Hi there!  Another PCOS girl here.  I was diagnosed as a young teen, and was on various types of hormonal BC in order to get a regular cycle.  Unmedicated, I do not O, either.  The non-fertility related symptoms sucked on their own, but I had no idea that it would cause such a problem with TTC.  I definitely struggle with letting go of the regret of not starting TTC earlier.
    I hate that we can't O on our own :( I cried several times and around the time I first was TTC I convinced myself that my body was incapable of releasing eggs (irrational, I know). Dealing with this disease is definitely one of the most challenging things I have ever faced. 

• I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed through an ultrasound in July because they counted 43 follicles- yikes! I don't have many of the classic symptoms though. I am one of the rare PCOS girls that ovulate fairly regularly with cycles between 30-40 days (except once when I went 70 days and then used provera to induce a period), but I have long hair on my arms and bacne. My doctor told me that because I am quite slim, it might be reducing the symptoms that I experience. I don't really believe that though.

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

yepitsme215
  • Hi Yoyo! I also have PCOS... I was DX when I was around 14. I got an early DX but it went untreated until I was 20 when I got married and getting pregnant was on the forefront of my mind. I ended up having Gastric Bypass in Jan 2013 and lost 115 lbs. It has really helped with almost all of my symptoms. My period started 2 months after my surgery and have been fairly regular since. I have been getting positive OPK's and have EWCM. Before, I could count on one hand how many periods I had on my own. 

Good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I am an open book!
    *** Siggy warning! LO mentioned!!***

Mandi
    (27) DH Chad (28) Married May 12, 2007
    TTC since 2007
    DX with PCOS in 2002
    Gastric Bypass Jan 2013 
    DH DX with testicular cancer 2011= low count and low motility
    First RE appointment scheduled for 10/28
    D(adopted)S Cameron July 29, 2013- A blessing from my sister!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"