Trouble TTC

Intro- in limbo

Hi everyone!

Here's my story and predicament. We've been TTC for 12 months. So far doctors have not found anything reproductively wrong with me. Last month SO had an SA done prescribed by his primary doc. The primary doc called a few days later and said there appeared to be a problem but didn't go into any further detail. They said we should visit a urologist and they would refer him. We called them several times to check on the referral each time being told they were working on it.

I kind of feel like we are in a holding pattern and know there's something wrong but don't know what or to what degree of an issue there is or what we can do to get answers. Any recommendations on how to feel less stuck in this situation or ideas how we could be more proactive?

I look forward to learning from you!

Re: Intro- in limbo

  • Amen to @bluefairy5's advice, and the RE as Ketchup suggested. You said "doctors" haven't found any IF causes with you, but I'm assuming you haven't worked with an RE yet because of the wait on the SA?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions

    Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • @bunnyberry that's correct. Doc would not refer us to an RE until after SA and now until after urologist.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome. I agree with PP to put some pressure on your current Dr. I wish you luck in getting a referral and figuring this all out.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

  • Hi and welcome! If YH's primary doc won't provide a referral until he sees a urologist, could you go to your OB/Gyn and tell them that you have been trying unsuccessfully for a year? That's all that mine needed to send me over to an RE stat. Of course it's still important that YH follow through with finding a urologist, but if I were you I would want to get linked with an RE in the meantime to start any other testing, talk about treatment options, etc. They will also probably order a repeat SA (I know a lot of doctors want 2 before diagnosing MFI).

    Me: 27 DH: 35

    TTC #1 Since July 2013

    Started RE Testing July 2014

    2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

    TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

    October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

    November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

    Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

    January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

    New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

    Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.


    RogueZymosis[Deleted User]
  • @bandm14 thanks. I already spoke to OB. They also wanted SO to go to urologist before going to an RE. I heard or read somewhere that multiple SAs might be ordered.. Thanks for confirming.

    I will update when we know something. Do you all have check in for stuff like that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards