October 2014 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday Randoms

Re: Sunday Funday Randoms

• Options
    I meant to tag you in my post @sweetadeline31‌ ..

I see you got the memo anyways lol.
  • Options

I'm kind of shocked at how soon people are thinking of TTC again...

I wish I were in my 20s. I'd rather not ttc for much longer...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PurpleHippo19‌

My MW said that with STMs that contractions aren't always timeable like they want to see with FTMs. My instructions are to call when I get 3 contractions within an hour that are so painful you have to stop what you are doing.

image         image

• Options

STMs, will my boobs hurt this bad all through breastfeeding? Or just the first few days while my supply is being established? This shit sucks and I'm hoping once I can squirt DH in the eye (will this be soon?!) They wont hurt so bad every time I pump? Also I'm pumping on both sides for 20-30 mins and only getting about 1.5ozs tops. Also normal? I'm only on day 4 postpartum. @Emerald27‌ or @theresat858‌ wanna chime in? If you arent too busy. ;)

I don't know what is normal but I will say that the entire 6 weeks I BF I was in excruciating pain and also could not get more than an oz or so after pumping (we supplemented with formula and I tried only pumping for a week because BFing hurt so bad).

image         image

• Options

STMs, will my boobs hurt this bad all through breastfeeding? Or just the first few days while my supply is being established? This shit sucks and I'm hoping once I can squirt DH in the eye (will this be soon?!) They wont hurt so bad every time I pump? Also I'm pumping on both sides for 20-30 mins and only getting about 1.5ozs tops. Also normal? I'm only on day 4 postpartum. @Emerald27‌ or @theresat858‌ wanna chime in? If you arent too busy. ;)

Only busy bumping while waiting for DH to get here :).
    No, they shouldn't hurt the whole time -- and pumping shouldn't hurt, either. If pumping hurts, it can either be that you are turning the suction up too high (this can actually make it less efficient) or the flange size is wrong -- too small or too large can be painful.
    1.5 oz is amazing for 4 days PP. I would only be pumping now if baby is getting a supplement for some reason. Average output is an ounce per hour after baby is 1 month old, building up to that until then (so 2 ounces total if pumping every 2 hours). It gradually increases in the first 2-4 weeks.

Engorgement pain is common but should only last 1-2 days. Advil and hand expression can help.
    The pain is like a shooting/burninf with each pull. We had flanges too big and got smaller so my nipples are ok, its the rest of my boob that hurts. I think we're considering exclusively pumping and feeding from the bottle, but this makes me sad too because I love the bonding. DD latches alright with the nipple shield but sometimes she clamps down really hard and it hurts so bad.. right now I'm just trying to pump and feed her enough. Shes on a 1-1.5ozs per session then hungry again 1.5hrs later for that other .5-1ozs... this is hard!

Also, staples in your stomach?!?!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Leysin97 said:

Last two days of being non-parents. DH and I are going to brunch with some friends then going to wrap up all our last chores and such. Tomorrow will be our day to just spend with each other. Then Tuesday morning off to the hospital for baby girls arrival! So exciting and scary at the same time. I can't believe it's already here.

Same here - we're also going in Tuesday morning! Good luck!
  • Options
    Laying in bed in labor and delivery... Had misoprostol all night last night, now waiting on the doctors to come do rounds to decide what their next plan of action is. They told me this could take at least 24hrs, but I've been here over 12 and I feel like nothing has happened. :(
    I do however enjoy listening to baby's heartbeat on the monitor.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

DH made a final decision on a name! So I pocked up wooden letters at the store yesterday but I'm not sure what the best way is to get them onto the wall... any suggestions?

The wooden letters I got had holes in the back for hanging. If yours don't then maybe hammer some really small nails under them and on the sides so they stay in place?
    They definitely don't have any holes on the back for hanging.. I was thinking of trying to find those metal hooks for hanging photos, but if I don't get them centered correctly they'll hang tilted. This may be a job for DH.
  • Options

Nicb13 said:

DH made a final decision on a name! So I pocked up wooden letters at the store yesterday but I'm not sure what the best way is to get them onto the wall... any suggestions?

The wooden letters I got had holes in the back for hanging. If yours don't then maybe hammer some really small nails under them and on the sides so they stay in place?
    They definitely don't have any holes on the back for hanging.. I was thinking of trying to find those metal hooks for hanging photos, but if I don't get them centered correctly they'll hang tilted. This may be a job for DH.
    How heavy are they? Command hook strips may be an easier option. However, I have never had much luck with getting those to support anything that has much weight, so I wouldn't use them unless the letters are very light weight. I would be nervous about them falling down and hitting the baby otherwise.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We bought those metal zigzag picture hanging things at Home Depot and used gorilla glue to attach them to the back of our letters.
  • Options

@MrsSinner402‌ yes, it is hard!! While EPing is certainly an option, and one I strongly considered when DD1 was 1-2 weeks old, I really recommend trying to get breastfeeding to work (while pumping/bottle feeding for your supply and sanity and nipples if lo isn't figuring out BF). EP is 2x the work of FF or BF and doesn't get much easier w time, unlike breastfeeding.

Your pain right now might just be bc of engorgement with milk coming in.

If EPing or mostly so, aim to pump every 2-3 hours around the clock for now. Giving the bottle while you pump w a hands free bra (cut holes in an old sports bra if you don't own a pumping bra) can save time/sanity/help you sleep more at night. What worked for me with DD1 was to try to BF during the day but pump/bottle feed at night so we got some sleep.

I highly recommend calling a lactation consultant or going to a support group. In person help can be great for diagnosing problems (like why a latch might be off).

You're awesome. Thank you! I have been having her on one side and pumped the other. Is thay a good approach? I just pumped, so next feeding session I'll have her on one side and a pump on the other? Or should I switch her to the other side after so long. YOURE MY LACTATION CONSULTANT. ;)

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

Nicb13 said:

I would use command strips.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I would use command strips.
    I would second this idea. We did traditional picture hangers for all our art in the nursery and then did command strips as well to make sure they can't be pulled down.

• Options

Nicb13 said:

How heavy are they? Command hook strips may be an easier option. However, I have never had much luck with getting those to support anything that has much weight, so I wouldn't use them unless the letters are very light weight. I would be nervous about them falling down and hitting the baby otherwise.
    I've never had much luck with them either. Last Christmas they dropped garland off the stairs onto my poor cat on the 1st floor. Home Depot got all the rage for that one as I had been talked into getting them by their employee.
  • Options
    Sigh. I accidentally pissed off SIL by saying something about DH that she wasn't meant to hear and now I feel like I have to grovel and beg forgiveness, even though what I said was true and wasn't meant to insult her. Oh well.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    MollyC20 said:
    My baby now breastfeeds, but for some reason doesn't feel like it during the 4am session. So I heat up a bottle, leak out like an ounce of milk from each boob while feeding it to her and now I'm pumping. I can't master the pump and feed thing. Too much shit in the way. Today was her EDD. She's 3 weeks old and changing before my eyes. I swear, she's not the same baby I put down to sleep 4 hours ago.
    Do you have one of those hands free pumping bra things?? Totally worth it!
    Yeah, I cut holes into a sports bra and have been using that. There is just too much stuff in the front of me to also hold a baby.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    andrieyaandrieya member
    edited October 2014
  • Options

MollyC20 said:

My baby now breastfeeds, but for some reason doesn't feel like it during the 4am session. So I heat up a bottle, leak out like an ounce of milk from each boob while feeding it to her and now I'm pumping. I can't master the pump and feed thing. Too much shit in the way.

Today was her EDD. She's 3 weeks old and changing before my eyes. I swear, she's not the same baby I put down to sleep 4 hours ago.

Do you have one of those hands free pumping bra things?? Totally worth it!

Yeah, I cut holes into a sports bra and have been using that. There is just too much stuff in the front of me to also hold a baby.

https://cdn2.thegloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mean-girls-boob-shirt-gif.gif
  • Options
    Darn it! I wish I could figure out how to gif!
  • Options
    I'm talking induction planning at my appointment tomorrow.

I'm sure their approach will be cervidil by night and pit by day..but dammit cervix, I need you to be more favorable by the am!!
  • Options

I'm talking induction planning at my appointment tomorrow.

I'm sure their approach will be cervidil by night and pit by day..but dammit cervix, I need you to be more favorable by the am!!

This is what they were talking about doing with me but instead are doing the opposite, I go in in the morning for pitocin then finish it with cervidil if need be.
    ---
    Wow! I've never heard of that approach. I'll be curious to see your birth story/updates to see how that method pans out.
  • Options
    Every time I think I can make it til the end of this pregnancy...I wake up in some new type of ache and pain. I can barely stand up today because of the pressure on my vag and how much my back hurts.

We didn't even do that much yesterday. We ran a couple of quick errands and I visited my mom, but that was it...
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"