Pregnant after IF
Options

When did you start weaning off estrogen and prog after FET?

Just curious, at my appt Tuesday my RE told me I could start lowering my estrogen to just 8 patches a week and no more estrace. I was taking it vaginally 2X's a day. I think my estrogen has hovered around 2,000. I'm still on 2cc's of PIO of which he said I'll stay on progesterone until 12 weeks but mine has always stayed around 60

I know when you have a FET your body isn't producing anything to support the baby until the placenta fully forms. I'm just wondering out of curiosity when everyone else started weaning off.

I'm trying to convince my PGAL brain the lack of sore boobs is because I stopped some estrogen.
Fucking bump!!!!

Re: When did you start weaning off estrogen and prog after FET?

• Options
    I was on both for 12 weeks after my FET. I was wayyyyy over PIO by then!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    How much estrogen were you on @chrissynena‌ ?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmc84kmc84 member
    edited October 2014
    The told me to stop at 10 weeks. I stayed on until 11 and weaned off by 12.

Estrace 2 mg three times a day
    Vivelle dot 1 patch every 3 days
    Crinone 8% two times a day
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options

They have me on my meds through 10 weeks and 3 days, but I plan on taking it through 11 weeks.

I'm on:
    2 mL of PIO per day
    0.3 mL of estradiol twice per week
    100 mg e2/progesterone suppositories daily.

I'm a little nervous about stopping b/c as you said, your body doesn't produce it with an FET. The placenta is supposed to take over at 10 weeks...but it shouldn't hurt to go just a bit longer, right???

Wow, you are on a lot of progesterone.
    I hardly ever even see anyone on 2ml of PIO a day, I thought that was a lot when my RE put me on it.

I'm with you, I want to stay on the meds as long as I can. I almost started started back on my Estridol this morning because it worries me not taking something. I just have to trust my Dr that my 8 patches a week is good enough.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I was on the same amount of estrogen after the FET and they told me to stop after week 8.  They took my bloodwork, and I guess my numbers looked good enough.  I was tired of obsessing, so I didn't ask what they were.

For my progesterone, I was on PIO, moved to suppositories after my BFP, then back to PIO after spotting.  After my 8 week appointment they told me to finish out whatever PIO I had and then move on to oral progesterone.  The amount they gave me was about 4 weeks worth.  

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    I was on Vivelle patch until I developed a rash to the adhesive. Then switched to estradiol 2 mg 3x a day, ending at end of week 9. PIO lasted until end of week 12.

• Options
    I was on 2ml of PIO and estrace 2 times a day (I can't remember the dose).

My RE said 12 weeks because I have twins. I don't know if it's suppose to be that way or not. I was just happy to be done.

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    You ladies give me hope. I only got my bfp a week ago today and I'm already looking forward to ditching the meds. PIO can piss off the moment the doc gives me the okay.

The Estrace and the patches aren't as big a deal but I will enjoy the crop circles of adhesive and lint being gone.
  • Options
    2mg estrace 4x/day started weaning off of it around week 9?

2cc's PIO until week 12 but started weaning off of it maybe week before

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Stopped at just over 11 weeks. No weaning, just stopped.
  • Options

You ladies give me hope. I only got my bfp a week ago today and I'm already looking forward to ditching the meds. PIO can piss off the moment the doc gives me the okay.

The Estrace and the patches aren't as big a deal but I will enjoy the crop circles of adhesive and lint being gone.

I found that rubbing alcohol (especially the little pads they gave me for my insulin shots - diabetic here) worked wonders on getting the Vivelle adhesive residue off.

Baby oil works well too!!

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options

I found that rubbing alcohol (especially the little pads they gave me for my insulin shots - diabetic here) worked wonders on getting the Vivelle adhesive residue off.
    Baby oil works well too!!

I use the Neutrogena body oil. I rub it on before I take a bath or shower and it comes right off when I'm bathing no scrubbing.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    10 weeks here. I was on PIO, though.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was a fresh cycle but stopped PIO shots at 10 weeks (I was able to lower my dose after I graduated with my RE at 10w) and I stopped estrace at 8 weeks. I ended up getting really bad MS after I stopped PIO so I figured everything was ok!

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"