C-sections

TMI? to wax or not to wax?

Hi Ladies, my first c-section was a total emergency, due to complications, no time to plan for anything, and i was under general anaesthetic. for the second time we've decided to do a scheduled C, which means i can anticipate a few more things. so - what are your thoughts on pre-waxing the ya-ya? in the haze of #1, i remember the surgical team shaving me, and am considering doing it before the date. what do you think?

Re: TMI? to wax or not to wax?

• ^^Yup. I mean, they really only shave an inch or two.
  • I shaved before my c-section, our hospital uses one of those cheap one blade razors and dry...ouuuch!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would not care what my vag looked like, even if my cs was scheduled. And you might want to ask if they will shave- I never got shaved. If they don't shave, I wouldn't worry about it. If they do shave, I'd rather do that myself than end up with razor burn or ingrowns.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got waxed before I got induced, I didn't know I would need an emergency c section but I didn't want to be all willy nilly down there either way.
  • Absolutely wax. I had one shortly before I delivered DS. I was so glad I did especially since I needed a section. I can't imagine dealing with the itchy regrowth from shaving on the scar line.

I'm planning to deliver #2 by c-section as well and will absolutely schedule a bikini wax beforehand.
    BFP: 5/10/14 after 14 cycles of trying!
    EDD: 1/21/15
    5/12 1st beta: 28
    5/14 2nd beta: 87.5
    5/23: 3rd beta: 4000.6 + saw gestational sac and yolk sac
    5/30: 4th beta: 17,852 + saw fetal pole and heard heartbeat! 127 BPM!
  • I kept mine waxed throughout my pregnancy, I knew I would be a C and I didn't want them shaving me because of the ingrowns and as PP said, they do it dry. I kept it like that anyway though so it wasn't a big deal to maintain it. Of course since DS was born d'ya think I can find the time? Haha! 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Another vote for wax here.   The nurses were grateful they didn't have to shave me as I had a scheduled C for my first and got a wax beforehand.  It really does avoid the itchiness of re-growth after a shave and also avoids the ingrown hairs.  If you don't want to do a full brazilian or anything, they can just wax the top couple of inches.  
    imageimage
  • I got a pre c-section wax and broke out like crazy! I have gotten plenty of waxes before and never had an issue but this was the first one time while pregnant. I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones or if place I went to had an issue with the wax or something but it was pretty bad.
  • I didn't wax. I just let them deal with it!! i get really bad irritation from waxing so shaving was fine.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Me personally I hate hair. I got a Brazilian a week before my water broke. Didn't hurt any more then pre-pregnancy and I have also had a csection previous. This way I didn't have to worry about hair for a few weeks after, the cestion area with the tape etc. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• My hospital "shaved" me and really it was a pair of clippers (like to buzz a guys head) so it hurt even worse getting the pressure bandage off... Needless to say I made sure I was smooth the morning of my next section!!!
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"