Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Toddler bed

twinmama920twinmama920 member
edited October 2014 in Toddlers: 24 Months+
My twins just turned 2 on 9/20 :). They started crawling out of their cribs and I was able to drop the mattress down even more to buy us some time but my one guy can still climb out.

The bump ate the rest of my post so here is an edit to sum up the rest...
I am thinking of going right to a twin bed for each kiddo but was also wondering if anyone just puts a crib matress on the floor. I can see them picking it up and moving them around though. So if I go with twin size should I get the frame and all or just but the matresses on the floor? Just looking to see what others have done. Tia!
Report Quote · Love it Reply
Anniversary Baby

Re: Toddler bed

• Options
    twinmama920twinmama920 member
    edited October 2014
    Ahhh where did the rest of my post go?! Ok sorry lol I will edit it to add my question.
    Anniversary Baby
  • Options
    We just transitioned our 2.5 year old into a twin bed. We went straight for the entire bed frame and all. Figured that's one less transition if we go ahead and do everything rather than just putting a mattress down

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS1 went from the crib to a twin. His is 11inches off the ground with the mattress so we just went right to the bed. He fell off once but had no problems with it.
  • Options
    We moved our daughter to a full bed. And it's kind of high. We put pillows on the side of her the first month or so, and as she got comfortable, took them away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just moved our DS to a twin bed. It has rails on each side that I can take off and put on right before he goes to sleep, so he doesn't fall off. I didn't see the point in buying a toddler bed, just to transition to a twin in a few years anyway. He'll have the twin up until HS the latest.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have this Lightning McQueen bed that converts from a toddler to a twin. In toddler mode, the mattress just sits on the floor but the bed itself sort of frames the mattress in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I put her crib mattress on the floor for about a week. The she slept on a twin on the floor for a few months. The I purchased a platform bed that is fairly low to the ground, perhaps 14" or so? Her mattress adds another 6 inches. I rolled up towels and put them under the fitted sheet to help her not fall off her raised mattress. So far no problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"