Trouble TTC
Options

Is it normal to not feel anything.....

Hello everyone...... My fiancé and I did our first IUI 4 days ago. I've been reading blogs about other women doing IUI and taking progesterone and feeling lots of pregnancy symptoms. I'm not feeling any symptoms like they did, so I'm getting worried that the IUI didn't work! is that normal? should I be feeling like this? should I be happy that I'm not feeling any pregnancy symptoms? I'm mentally all over the place. Any info is appreciate. Happy Friday.
me:33 Fiance: 34
Diagnosis: DOR
TTC since June 2013
IUI #1---BFN
IUI #2--- BFN
IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015

Re: Is it normal to not feel anything.....

• Options
    During my last iui, which was bfn, I was on progesterone and got tons of pregnancy symptoms. I was convinced it work only to get AF 3 days early. Blah! And actually during my first iui I got the flu and was throwing up so I thought that one worked too. I swear, it was always something with me. I'm trying to ignore any potential symptoms this time around. Everyone is different,but I think it's fine that you aren't feeling anything especially since it's still really early. Good luck to you though!
  • Options
    thanks everyone for the advice.... im a worrier to begin with so this 2ww is driving me nuts..... and im only 4 days in.. ahhhhhhhhh.
    me:33 Fiance: 34
    Diagnosis: DOR
    TTC since June 2013
    IUI #1---BFN
    IUI #2--- BFN
    IVF #1--- BFP on 4/5/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Symptoms (or lack thereof) mean nothing, as pp said, so don't read into it too much. Some people end up getting really strong symptoms from progesterone, and others don't. Just like getting "symptoms" doesn't mean your IUI worked, not having any doesn't mean it didn't work.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    I swear I can think of a pregnancy symptom and immediately experience it. For me it's mostly all in my head. I do get symptoms while taking progesterone, but I know not to waste my time deciphering what that means. It'll drive you nuts and only time will tell. Good luck, I hope this cycle is successful for you.
  • Options
    Until you've missed a period or gotten a BFP, there's literally no way to know if any symptoms are related to a trigger shot or progesterone (if you use them for IUI), or pregnancy, or PMS, or totally random/unrelated to anything. At 4DPO, there's literally no physical possibility that a fertilized egg could have implanted or have any interaction with your body that could create symptoms. If you start noticing symptoms (or lack or) compared to other cycles, it doesn't mean anything either...if it helps you get through the two week wait, it can be fun to notice and wonder about symptoms, but if that stresses you out, then just remember it could be anything. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Like i've said before, 2WW + progesterone = total mind f*ck. You're going to drive yourself mad trying to decipher if what you're feeling is real or in your head, and if it's PG/PMS/progesterone related. Hopefully you can get your mind off of it and reclaim some sanity. GL and FX that you get your BFP
    :: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • Options
    Totally meaningless. After my 1st IUI I had literally every early pregnancy symptom you can think of. Felt like total crap. After the 2nd I had basically no symptoms at all other than sore boobs. Both resulted in BFN. Try not to drive yourself too crazy and be thankful that you aren't having many side effects! And good luck!!!
    ME 28, DH 28
    09/2007 Married
    11/2007 TTC
    03/2010 SA dx = low morphology
    03/2014 RE dx Unexplained Infertility DH numbers are all up and look wonderful.
    08/2014 IUI#1 Clomid +Gonal-F+Ovidrel = BFN
    09/2014 IUI #2 Clomid+Gonal-F+Ovidrel = BFN
    10/2014 WFT apt. moving to IVF in Feb. 2015 FX!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"