September 2014 Moms
Options

Dr. Browns Bottles-Burping Question

Hi Ladies. DD1 had bad colic so for DD2 I ordered the Dr. Brown's bottles as they are supposed to reduce gas. My observation? My daughter barely burps, has gas, but (thankfully) no colic. I'm wondering if other Dr. Brown users notice that burping does not happen as much with these bottles or if I need to keep at it.

Re: Dr. Browns Bottles-Burping Question

• Options
    We've been using the Dr. Brown bottles and we can get our LO to burp. In fact, we burp her after each ounce or so.

• Options
    Some babies take in less air with those bottles. I hate them but they do work, so I very nearly against my better judgement bought a few for this little guy.

I haven't tried the rocking the baby like that video but it makes sense. I do tend to sit my kids up and put their bellies against my palm and rub or pat the back. It's always worked better than them being on the shoulder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do not use dr. Brown's but this video will change your life. You're welcome.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cozxQC_-p0s

Giving credit where credit is due: @zoeyy‌ shared this awesome video with me. :)

OMG!! Thank you for this! I've had the hardest time burping LO, but this video worked like a dream!! :)
  • Options
    Great video. And it woke LO up so she kept drinking.
  • Options
    We use Dr. Brown's. Our LO still burps the majority of the time. She also has really bad gas but no colic. The bottles are a pain but I really like them and so does my DD.
  • Options
    Am curious as to why a few of you don't like them. Do you find they have a slower flow? I do. Or is it something else?
  • Options
    redtoes13 said:

Am curious as to why a few of you don't like them. Do you find they have a slower flow? I do. Or is it something else?

They are a pain to clean and even though I scrubbed them, they still ended up growing mold in the valves. I also had continuous issues with leaks.
  • Options

redtoes13 said:

They are a pain to clean and even though I scrubbed them, they still ended up growing mold in the valves. I also had continuous issues with leaks.
    Ugh, that sucks about the mold. They also have like 5 parts that you have to take apart and put back together. But seriously, we do like them otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"