Baby Showers
Options

2nd baby baby shower

13»

Re: 2nd baby baby shower

• Options
    Rinse,repeat. Rinse, repeat. Rinse, repeat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ash060885 said:
    Emily Post actually says second baby showers are okay. Just an FYI to all the etiquette experts on here. https://www.emilypost.com/social-life/celebrations-through-life/456-baby-shower-questions-answered
    That's not actually Emily Post, you know. She passed away. That's someone giving advice in Emily's name, advice that would make her roll in her grave. 

@Redheadbaker for the win.

The Tacky has been owned! (pwned?)

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    ash060885 said:
    Emily Post actually says second baby showers are okay. Just an FYI to all the etiquette experts on here. https://www.emilypost.com/social-life/celebrations-through-life/456-baby-shower-questions-answered
    That's not actually Emily Post, you know. She passed away. That's someone giving advice in Emily's name, advice that would make her roll in her grave. 
    In no way is this a WK post or anything.  But this link is supposedly from the emily post institute and the writers are actually her great-grandchildren. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsPDX said:
    I definitely say go for it (if someone offers to throw one for you of course). I do not think there is anything wrong with a shower for a 2nd child to honor mommy and baby. Especially, since you did not have one before. Just think about what a fun baby shower memory you'll have, which you otherwise would not get. 
    I agree. The other moms in here just don't want people to be happy. I love any excuse to give a gift and would wonder why she wasn't having a shower since she wasn't given one with her first. 
  • Options

MrsPDX said:

I definitely say go for it (if someone offers to throw one for you of course). I do not think there is anything wrong with a shower for a 2nd child to honor mommy and baby. Especially, since you did not have one before. Just think about what a fun baby shower memory you'll have, which you otherwise would not get. 

I agree. The other moms in here just don't want people to be happy. I love any excuse to give a gift and would wonder why she wasn't having a shower since she wasn't given one with her first. 

How did you know! Geez you know us all so well! 8-|
    FYI you don't need an invitation to buy a gift and as stated multiple times in this thread, a shower is to welcome someone to motherhood and is especially tacky when you are throwing your own shower for the sole purpose of shaking your friends and family down because you are in a tight financial situation.

Don't you know that if you don't tell people exactly what you want to hear, it means you are a miserable old cranky lady.  It has nothing to do with the fact that they are adults with zero coping skills and need to be treated like the speshul snowflakes they are. 

Like talking to a brick wall, I tell ya.

You forgot fat!
  • Options
    My SIL is having her 3rd boy and is getting a shower. Her and her husband are not hurting for money at all! In fact they have 2 nannies. My husband doesn't see why this is tacky at all. It makes me sick...

• Options
    MrsPDX said:
    Fine.  Give her a gift.  But she doesn't get to thrown her own "Everyone!  Give me gifts!" party.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    It's your baby, have a shower if you want to. 
    Stop worrying about what anyone else thinks, especially people on the internet that you'll never meet. 

ENJOY!
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
  • Options
    It's your baby, have a shower if you want to. 
    Stop worrying about what anyone else thinks, especially people on the internet that you'll never meet. 

ENJOY!
    @LindsMichelle Holy fuck. The OP should care what others think, especially those she plans to hit up for more gifts.  The amount of entitlement in your posts is absolutely appalling.  Have you no shame at all? 
    LOL. If people want to buy gifts, they'll do so whether there is a shower or not. A baby shower doesn't require gift giving if you're in attendance... and I don't see many people demanding gifts on their invitations... and mainly, she shouldn't care about what people on the internet who she'll never meet care about... do you live your life based on TheBump/Knot/Nest standards? 
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"