May 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Ebola

For those who haven't heard yet, the first case of Ebola in the US has been reported in Dallas, Texas. Scary!
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2014/s930-ebola-confirmed-case.html

Re: NBR: Ebola

• Options
    The hospital is like, 15 miles from my house. If that....cweepy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh hey @jenb_99‌ ....where you at?
  • Options
    Okay, third comment in a row, but this made me LOL:
  • Options
    My city had a Dr. treated for Ebola who was just released. My mom text me to avoid that particular hospital. I text her back that I want to avoid ALL hospitals.
  • Options
    @KBowen715 Arlington. You?

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Coppell! But I went to HS in Arlington, @jenb_99‌
  • Options
    @KBowen715 Me too! AHS class of '99. :)

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    jenb_99 said:

@KBowen715 Me too! AHS class of '99. :)

Colts! BHS, 01. I'm sure we know a ton of the same people.
  • Options
    We are in Savannah (just north of Frisco).  I don't like it being so close to here!
  • Options
    DD and I are staying locked in our house until spring! ;)
  • Options
    pandadairpandadair member
    edited October 2014
    KBowen715 said:

@KBowen715 Shut uuuuup, that's where I'm from. Are you a recent transplant? ETA: Oh, wait, duh. Whatever BHS is is not Coppell High School.

• Options
    pandadair said:

KBowen715 said:

@KBowen715 Shut uuuuup, that's where I'm from. Are you a recent transplant? ETA: Oh, wait, duh. Whatever BHS is is not Coppell High School.

Oh! Are you local now? I heart this sleepy subburb.
  • Options
    ^^^ Nope. We've been all over the country and currently settled in Houston. Maybe back to DFW one of these days. Our families are still there, though.

• Options
    I'm in Plano so I'm only 20 or so minutes away from Presbyterian Dallas. Freaky stuff.
    I have a doctor in a medical building at the hospital and I'm probably gonna skip my appointment next week. I know the dude's in ICU in an isolation room but friggin' EBOLA?!

Eff that mess. I'd become a prepper if I wasn't lazy/would be guaranteed to get on the Doomsday Preppers show.
  • Options

I'm in Plano so I'm only 20 or so minutes away from Presbyterian Dallas. Freaky stuff.
    I have a doctor in a medical building at the hospital and I'm probably gonna skip my appointment next week. I know the dude's in ICU in an isolation room but friggin' EBOLA?!

Eff that mess. I'd become a prepper if I wasn't lazy/would be guaranteed to get on the Doomsday Preppers show.

I hear you, I wouldn't be going anywhere near that hospital either! Doctors/nurses who treat infectious diseases patients are saints!
  • Options
    Apparently the guy went to the hospital before being admitted and DX'ed with Ebola. Ignoring the fact that the hospital knew he'd come from West Africa and failed to DX then, all of those hospital workers he came in contact with are at risk.

Not to mention everyone he came in contact with between 9/24 (when he first had symptoms) and 9/28 when he went back to the hospital.

I'm definitely being overly paranoid, but I'm not comfortable venturing out into Dallas. I think I'll be okay with being a homebody for a little bit.
  • Options
    I know Ebola is not airborne.
    Everyone who has been exposed has not been identified, that's still ongoing.
    I don't doubt that it won't be contained, but Ebola being confirmed in the US is kind of a big deal.
  • Options
    pandadair said:

You guise. You are not going to get Ebola from just breathing outside air anywhere in the metroplex. FFS.

BUT god help us all if it mutates and becomes airborne. This has been a fear of mine ever since I became obsessed with Ebola 12 years ago after reading the Hot Zone. So far 2 strains have become transmissible by air but they were animal-to-animal.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    You guise. You are not going to get Ebola from just breathing outside air anywhere in the metroplex. FFS.
    BUT god help us all if it mutates and becomes airborne. This has been a fear of mine ever since I became obsessed with Ebola 12 years ago after reading the Hot Zone. So far 2 strains have become transmissible by air but they were animal-to-animal.

Well in that case I'm building an impermeable wall across I-45 and you Dallasites can keep the mutated, airborne Ebola to yourselves.

• Options

This is my fear too. :-SS
  • Options
    Zombies are next naturally.

But seriously, I was dreaming about it this morning and it freaked me out. I guess I worry about how many people there are inourcountry that could get it (somehow) but won't seek medical treatment, perhaps out of ignorance. Then they infect others as theyfina

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate doing this on mobile. .. whatever, point made.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Which one of May14 is an infectious disease scientist?? I want her take.

I looooove infectious disease. I'm crazy, I know.
  • Options
    theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited October 2014

I know Ebola is not airborne.
    Everyone who has been exposed has not been identified, that's still ongoing.
    I don't doubt that it won't be contained, but Ebola being confirmed in the US is kind of a big deal.

Eh... all the health officials expected to see it here at some point - with air travel it's kind of hard to contain anything in one part of the world anymore.

----
    Scientists did estimate Ebola would make it to the US by September. So I'm not surprised it's here, but it's so close to home for me.

https://mobile.wnd.com/2014/10/staggering-prediction-about-ebola-in-america/

ETA: link to scientist's prediction
  • Options
    I'm in Plano so I'm only 20 or so minutes away from Presbyterian Dallas. Freaky stuff. I have a doctor in a medical building at the hospital and I'm probably gonna skip my appointment next week. I know the dude's in ICU in an isolation room but friggin' EBOLA?! Eff that mess. I'd become a prepper if I wasn't lazy/would be guaranteed to get on the Doomsday Preppers show.

I also live in Plano. 
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"