February 2015 Moms
Options

Good Thoughts for my Friend (semi-long) *UPDATED IN COMMENTS*

T&P's just sounds too cheesy.

I have a friend whose little girl was born with gastrochisis.  She had an extremely severe case, and they weren't very confident that she would live, or even eat during her lifetime if she did (at 24 weeks, after they discovered the severity, the doctor recommended termination).  Well, her daughter has beaten the odds and is surviving.  Her and her mother are both warriors.  Baby D is still vomiting or poopsplosioning two to three times a night because she just doesn't digest or retain food well.  I'm not sure how her mother does it; she is truly an amazing person, and still tries to see the best in everything.... all while wrangling FOUR other children and a new business.

Baby D is still receiving the majority of her nutrients through TPN, and routinely goes for additional special intraveinous nutrients at the hospital to keep her vitamins and minerals up.  She's also been in multiple times for infections, and once for sepsis.  Her poor little immune system.

Tomorrow, she will be in surgery (again) for the STEP procedure.  They're basically going to disconnect her digestive system (again), and "sew" her bowel in a zig-zag in order to bring down the circumference and increase the length to give her better absorption from the food she takes in.  Then she'll have to stay in hospital for a few months while her digestive system heals, and will have to have another surgery to reconnect everything after the fact.

I am in tears.  They're such amazing people.  Baby D is only 18 months old, and has to be in surgery again, twice.  I couldn't imagine having to take my baby in for this kind of surgery... and then to have to deny her food for such a long period of time while her body heals.  I am truly heartbroken for them, but hope that the longterm gain is worth the pain of these surgeries.

If you can spare some good thoughts, or some strong prayers if you're the praying type, it would be much appreciated.  I can't express how much Baby D and her mom mean to me, even though we live far away from each other these days.  Surgery is scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning.  [-O<

(Edited because I x-posted and mentioned a friend from another BMB when I didn't mean to)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Good Thoughts for my Friend (semi-long) *UPDATED IN COMMENTS*

• Options
    This is so heart breaking, my thoughts are with her and her family

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Options
    Sending positive thought her way!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely lots o thoughts and positivity heading their way. I couldn't imagine having to go through that with my LO. It takes VERY special and strong people to be able to go through all of that while still maintaining sanity and a smile. Much respect to her and her family. She's lucky to have a friend like you who cares so much! <3

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Many, many good thoughts and vibes for Baby D and her family.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    Thoughts, prayers, positivity and love to them.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Your friend and baby D sound like some amazing warriors!!! I will send good thoughts their way!!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    T&P

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sending good vibes their way! Based on how that story started I thought baby d was only a few weeks or months old. She's one lucky little girl to have a mother who fights so hard for her and has done so much to keep her strong! They deserve their happy ending!
  • Options
    Poor thing! Will send continuous healing thoughts to them!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Where are they doing their doctoring? 
    They're at the big hospital in Calgary.  Apparently, if you have gastrochisis, the two places in Canada you want to be are Calgary and Toronto, so they were lucky that the town they live in is only 4 hours away.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'll be praying for them!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Options
    Talk about strength and resilience! Praying for your friend and her family.
  • Options
    Where are they doing their doctoring? 
    They're at the big hospital in Calgary.  Apparently, if you have gastrochisis, the two places in Canada you want to be are Calgary and Toronto, so they were lucky that the town they live in is only 4 hours away.
    What are they going to do while she is in the hospital recovering from the surgery? Do you have the equivalent a Ronald McDonald's House in Canada? Has your group of friends put together a hospital survival package for them? 
    Yes, she lived in RMDH for eight months after Baby D was born, and I think she has plans to stay there again while she recovers from this surgery, although, realistically I think she spends 95% of her time sleeping on the bench in the hospital room.

We still have many friends in Calgary (we both went to university there), so we have a group of friends that help out and visit with her almost every day.

Do you have any recommendations for something that might be a nice surprise while she's there?  I'm sure she's well organized for essentials and packed for a long stay, but sometimes it's nice just to receive something unexpected....

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Wow what a little fighter she is. Definitely will keep them in my thoughts and prayers l. Hopefully this is the final step on the road to recovery.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers!!
  • Options
    How heartbreaking. Sending many positive thoughts to your friend and baby.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Oh gosh, lots of Ts and Ps! Please keep us updated!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    What an amazing example of strength. You, your friend and Baby D will be in my family's prayers.
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for baby d!
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    All the good thoughts to your friend!
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Love and light and good vibes to your friend and her family.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    T&P headed to her and her family! Stay positive @thegoodpotato‌, she is lucky to have you.
  • Options
    This breaks my heart. Tons of T&P for them. It sounds like she is one strong little girl.

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options
    Wow! What a strong family to stay sane through all of that. I am so heartbroken baby D has to have another surgery but hope it goes well. Good thoughts and vibes their way.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thoughts and healthy recovery for your friend's baby. The mom sounds like a wonderful and positive woman.
  • Options
    Wow, what a strong and brave mama and baby. My thoughts and prayer will be with them tomorrow. Hope every goes well and she has a smooth and fast recovery. She has already beaten many odds!
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I truly am at a loss. My words seem so feeble. My thoughts are just burdened with the enormity of the weight this mother and father are bearing. Please know that they will be earnestly prayed for tonight.... And since I've been having pregnancy insomnia, it may just be an all-night-prayer kinda thing. Thank you for sharing her story. What a privilege it is to be able to pray for them. Please keep us updated on baby D.

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you all. Baby D sounds like a little warrior. Fx for the best outcome
  • Options
    I hope the surgery went well and that Baby D is comfortable and that her mom, dad, and siblings are remaining positive ( although, it sounds like they have always been).
  • Options
    That's gotta be so rough. My T&Ps go out to them.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited October 2014
    Love tit because I want to know when she's ok and recovering after her long surgery.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ugh, this just hits me right in the feels, stay strong little fighter (and Momma/Family)

all the positive thoughts coming her way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    so sad and devastating for the whole family - sending T&Ps for sure!!

• Options
    Oh my gosh - that is heartbreaking. :(  It sounds like you're a great support for your friend.  Hopefully Baby D's surgery goes well and she won't need more in the future.  Lots of positive thoughts for a good outcome.
  • Options
    SUCH happy news!

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• Options
    Great news!!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this update!!!!!! So happy to hear it!

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"