October 2014 Moms

Enterovirus (sp?) and Polio like symptoms in children in Boston...should I be freaking out??

I know that they were dealing with children being treated for entero developing paralysis in Colorado, but now I just heard on the news that there are also 4 cases at Boston Childrens Hospital! I'm about 15 miles north of Boston and won't be delivering in Boston, but can't help but panic over this...for those in the medical field what are your thoughts on this new development? I just want to keep my kids in a bubble. Seriously.
BabyFetus Ticker} Mom to 3 with one on the way. EDD 10/04/14

Re: Enterovirus (sp?) and Polio like symptoms in children in Boston...should I be freaking out??

• We are in Boston and there's not much you can really do about it. I actually thought I'd heard WBZ report over 100 cases at one point last week, but maybe I misheard. I wouldn't get too worked up over it, especially as you aren't in the city, nor have a current LO in daycare, etc in the city.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• The hospital 30 minutes from where I live has 10 confirmed cases of the enterovirus (not sure about spelling?). It's not the hospital I'll deliver at though. I'm just praying for the children who are sick and praying my family doesn't get it! Other than that and normal germ precautions I'm not sure there's anything else I can do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"