TTC after 35

Update, CD 29 BFN and still no sign of AF

So, today I am on CD 29.  This is my 4th cycle off of the pill.  I have never gone past a 29 day cycle.  Last month I had a 25 day cycle.  I really don't have the usual symptoms I get right before AF, heaving cramping and bloating.  So if I don't get a BFP than this must be a long cycle.  At the suggestion of the community I did an FRER and got a BFN this morning.  However, still no sign of AF, no cramping or bloating as I usually have.   I am thinking either she will show up out of the blue tomorrow morning or I will POAS on Thursday or Friday maybe.

Re: Update, CD 29 BFN and still no sign of AF

• My cycles were screwed up for 6 months after I came off the pill. I even skipped a month. This all sounds pretty normal to me. Give your body a little more time to adjust.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Yes, that makes sense.  I'm supposed to go get my TSH/FSH tested on CD 3 of my next cycle and I keep having to reschedule the appointment.  I wish AF would just show up already if she is going to. Grrrrrr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you charting your temp to ensure of when you ovulated?  Unless you know your ovulation date and your typical luteal phase duration you aren't truly late.   You will test + or start your flow, if after 60 days you do not recommend getting a script to start new cycle.  Best wishes!
  • I don't have any advise but good luck
  • Ok, I see.  I may not actually be late then.  I have been charting but did not get any clear indication of ovulation this cycle.  I did not chart before that at my doctor's recommendation, that I probably wasn't going to O yet anyhow. Not seeing her any longer.   But, I did stop charting BBT on CD 22 bc I though AF was coming in  couple of days. That was probably a bad idea.  I guess I could have O'd after that.  But now I have no idea.
  • Just keep having intercourse, and chart away.  This cycle may be a bust bc you stopped charting on cd22, but it will get you in the habit and more experience once af does show.  I wish you well!
  • Good luck! Sending lots of baby dust!!
  • Good luck! Sending lots of baby dust!!
  • @blessed2585: You are very sweet. Just to let you know, the term "baby dust" isn't usually used on the boards, as it can evoke negative feelings for some women.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Thank you for the thoughtful comments.  I will POAS again on Friday if AF doesn't show up by then.  If I get a BFN I may call by OB and ask if he wants to test my progesterone.  I have been told that progesterone test can indicate whether or not ovulation occurred.  I may be in for a long annovulatory cycle.

• gscovillegscoville member
    edited October 2014
    Good luck! Sending lots of baby dust!!
    No...just no.
    @blessed2585: You are very sweet. Just to let you know, the term "baby dust" isn't usually used on the boards, as it can evoke negative feelings for some women.

Ditto - for those of us who have experienced miscarriage/loss, baby dust takes on a whole new meaning as many of us have had to cremate our angels.  Please do not ever use the phrase 'baby dust' on these boards again, it's a painful and disgusting term.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Thank you for the thoughtful comments.  I will POAS again on Friday if AF doesn't show up by then.  If I get a BFN I may call by OB and ask if he wants to test my progesterone.  I have been told that progesterone test can indicate whether or not ovulation occurred.  I may be in for a long annovulatory cycle.

Please note that progesterone needs to be tested on 7 DPO - not just the CD21 that most doctors/OBs order blindly.  It will not be at all accurate if not done 7 days after you ovulate.  So you really should temp and chart next month if you want to pinpoint O and possibly have progesterone testing done.  Better yet, if you've been TTC for 6 months or more you are in the range for when further fertility help is indicated, and that should come from an RE rather than an OB.  OBs are trained to monitor pregnancy and birth, they are not trained in how to get women pregnant.  At our age we really can't afford to waste time with doctors who aren't experts in fertility!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• @URMySunshine77‌
    Thanks for pointing that out in a kind way. :) Being new is hard, because language changes from board to board. It seemed like it was used in a spirit of encouragement.
    TTC#1, I'm 37, DH 36 | Just started trying Sept 2014
    Going in for first RE appt. in October...Preparing for good or bad news. 
    Trying to be chill about the process...and not get too intense about it all. 
    It's hard to be chill. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"