December 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Shoes

So I'm supposed to start putting shoes on LO for school.  I guess they have to wear shoes in the next room and it's part of the transitioning phase.  LO doesn't move - like, AT ALL - so while seeming pointless to me, I still would like to try to adhere to their rules. 

Has anyone found any good shoes?  Do I need crawler shoes ( L O L at LO actually crawling) or should I just go straight to walker shoes?  I don't know where to start since a shoe has never been on her foot for longer than 10 seconds...

Re: Baby Shoes

• Options
    I think they recommend soft-soled shoes until they are established walkers...? I found a pair of stride rite shoes at our local baby resale shop. They have a rubber sole, but it's thin and suuuper flexible. I only put them on him if we are going out and there is a chance that he will be crawling/walking around, otherwise I let him be barefoot or with socks only.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all...for Stride Rites, should I get the crawler shoes or just go straight to walker?  @turk721 What do you think?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS crawls and daycare recommended shoes a little while ago. They said it was to protect his feet, in addition to standing and stepping. They said he knocked a chair over and it landed on his foot. He was only wearing socks at the time so it must have been painful.
    Anyway, I think the employees at stride rite will steer you in the right direction. We had no idea what to buy and they helped us out.
  • Options
    thesportsgalthesportsgal member
    edited September 2014
    @margaerytyrell I was hoping to just order on Amazon because there isn't a Stride Rite close to me and I am lazy (I should say really busy AND lazy ;)

• Options
    See Kai run soft soles.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"