July 2012 Moms

Making a big boy room exciting

We are going to be re-doing K's room and getting him a full size bed for his big boy room for Christmas. We will be repainting and getting new furniture and moving the old furniture to the new nursery. Just wondering, for those who have re-done room or made the big-kid transition, what worked for you as far as making it really exciting? Was it character sheets, LO's favorite paint color on the wall, a new toy in the room, etc? We are trying to make this transition on a budget but I am also a sucker for decorating so I know I will go overboard. Just wanted some ideas or suggestions on making LO excited about the new rather than mourn the old.

Also, PIP your big kid room if you have a pic, please!

Re: Making a big boy room exciting

• following. One of my ideas for Christmas is to give him a big boy room, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing with it. The only thing I'm pretty sure about is this bed from Ikea. it converts from a low bed to a small loft bed when he's older. I've seen people put curtains around the bottom part to make it a little playhouse or a reading nook. (also, it's $199 now, not $299)

I JUST found a blue version of this on Amazon and am seriously considering it. It's $299 on there but there's not an Ikea near me and it is free shipping, so I might do it anyway....

• @bellaxanthe I am totally with you on the character bedding. I don't like it one bit. I'm considering buying 1 set for his "big reveal" of his room and then buying a few sets that I like that match his room. I think he would like regular train bedding just as much as Thomas bedding, but I know he would flip out over some Curious George bedding! I haven't had any luck finding any though... :(

• Loading the player...
  • Aaand I just found some adorable ones on PBK, too bad they are ridiculously expensive!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"