January 2014 Moms
Options

Cold remedies for LO

Anyone else battle a cold? LO is developing one. She can barely breathe while nursing. I've been using saline drops and suctioning out what I can (awful seeing her struggle). I also stood in a steamy bathroom at 6am for a half hour with her. I put baby Vicks on her. I'm giving her water. Ughhhh. I don't know. That's pretty much all I can do for an almost 9 mo old, isn't it? :-S

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Cold remedies for LO

• Options
    I also called the doc and the nurse said nothing over the counter until 5 yrs...I'm giving my 3yo 1.5 tsp of sudafed. Per my ped! Oh well. It's helping him!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    That's all we've been able to do over here. She flips out now every time we come near her nose. And lucky me, I got whatever she has/had (she's starting to get over it). If she felt as bad as I do right now, no wonder she was so extremely fussy. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There could be some nasal swelling going on as well.  Try a cool rag on the forehead between the eyes.  Especially before bed.  That's when it always seems to worst for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS had a little cold a few weeks ago and was super stuffy. I felt so bad for him. We did baby Vicks, humidifier, and Hyland's Baby Tiny Cold Tablets. The teething tablets work well for us so I thought I'd try them. I didn't give DS even close to the recommended dose and it did seem to help clear him up. I believe it says 6+ months. This was the only thing I was told to try other than having his pediatrician call in a prescription and I didn't feel we were at that point at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JennaRaek said:

DS had a little cold a few weeks ago and was super stuffy. I felt so bad for him. We did baby Vicks, humidifier, and Hyland's Baby Tiny Cold Tablets. The teething tablets work well for us so I thought I'd try them. I didn't give DS even close to the recommended dose and it did seem to help clear him up. I believe it says 6+ months. This was the only thing I was told to try other than having his pediatrician call in a prescription and I didn't feel we were at that point at all.

I 2nd using the humidifier worked good for DS last week with his cold.
    I'm going to have to look into buying the hyland tablets for teething. DS was struggling with his last tooth, nothing else helped. Might have to buy some for the next teeth that are coming in
  • Options
    @mkat10414‌ - feel better...I'm traveling this week, so praying I don't get a cold....I can't imagine flying sick with two sick kids....I'd be a nasty wife/mom

• Options
    @MiaMyPuggle‌ - I hope you don't! I'm turning into a grump. Poor DH just came home from a 12 hour work day and I've already snapped at him twice. He just kissed my forehead, told me to feel better and went downstairs. Blah. I've got 11 days before we leave for NC, so hopefully I've kicked this by then.
  • Options
    I also recommend a warm liquid, we tried a little syringe of chicken broth warm and ds loved it. We all got this cold and I could tell from my symptoms he would wake up with a dry throat even tho he never coughed, it really seemed to help him. We used syringe and bottle until he could nurse without frustration although it took two weeks to completely get rid of the congestion. I offered a syringe of liquids at least every half hour and he wanted it most of the time in addition to his usual bm. It seemed to help. I hope this is short lived for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"