February 2015 Moms

Ramen Noodles

I just need to say how much I love Ramen Noodles & that it is my friend. I am feeling a strong bond over my ramen noodles lately. That being said, it makes me cringe that Ramen Noodles are the only thing I want/can stomach before 10am. I haven't eaten them in 10ish years (since college) and the last few weeks that's all I want in the morning! I'm not even going to think about the sodium content :/! But oh do love it's magical powers!! Almost 21 weeks and still have MS. Today I went from feeling awful to amazing thanks to Ramen! I love you Ramen!! Ok that is all :)

Re: Ramen Noodles

• Ramen is all I could stomach my entire 1st trimester, when my MS was *intense.* I don't know why, I hadn't eaten it in years since college like yourself. 

I understand your love 
    :x
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Ramen. Probably a little too much.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want Ramen Noodles too.
    :((
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I want them now too!!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Lol sorry ladies!!!
  • @bhjones1980‌ - I'm surprised you opened a food thread of any type :)
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• @bhjones1980‌ - I'm surprised you opened a food thread of any type :)
    weak moment.... ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I ate some in the first couple weeks of my pregnancy! My sister sent me this article on how Ramen noodles have a plastic substance on there noodles so they don't stick together when you cook them. I haven't eaten them since cause I'm to afraid to now. I'm not sure how legit the article was but it could be true!
  • Omg ramen noodles were a salty godsend in first tri. Wonder if I have any left in the pantry.....
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a few days in my first tri where the only thing that sounded "stomachable" was chicken ramen noodles...And Spaghetti Oh's. So random.
  • I had a good week of eating them for every meal . I even joined a group about Ramen on FB, trying to find a legit Ramen restaurant in the area. I think I ate too many packages because now I don't care about them anymore. I still love them, but I don't crave them anymore. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our office has the "cup o' noodles" you know the styrofoam cup with the dehydrated corn, carrots and peas. i LURV them and ate them all the time during the 1st trimester. now i kinda want one instead of my leftovers. 
    Oh yes. Best $0.39 I've ever spent. 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I survived on Ramen, sausage biscuits, and baked potatoes in first tri. Wonderful salty goodness was all that would stay down.
  • I would never even consider eating ramen pre-pregnancy. Now, I love them! I do limit myself to once per week because they offer no nutritional value whatsoever but boy do I enjoy my ramen, when I have it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • for my first preg (mc during 1st tri) I ate nothing but ramen noodle. I can't even look at them now!
  • I thought i wasthe only prego that loved ramen, i toohave read they are bad but when i feel like poo thats all i can eat, they are also good with cheese and if u wanna make em a meal add hamburger and a veggie to beef ramen and then its not just noodles. I also havent had them in years and now thats what i crave most the time. :D
  • I thought it was so weird that ramen was one of my only cravings, and now I feel normal, lol! Thanks ladies.
    image-image-image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I always add some frozen peas to the chicken flavored ramen. So.good.
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • IMO, best way to eat Ramen is with spicy pork rinds mixed into the broth.....seriously amazing!!
  • Trin42 said:

Seriously you guys. I'm thinking of taking a "break" and driving to Hy-vee a few blocks away to get some Ramen.

But I think it might be too messy to eat while working at a computer. First world problem?

Yay for living somewhere with a Hy-vee! Best grocery store ever!! Also I'm so glad DH and I are not the only adults outside of college who eat Ramen!!
  • IMO, best way to eat Ramen is with spicy pork rinds mixed into the broth.....seriously amazing!!

I think I just puked. Granted I have never had pork rinds nor even seen them but they don't sound super appitizing.
  • LOL, I don't even want the noodles now, I just want to make some hot water and mix in the salty broth mix. Sounds like I found my bedtime snack...
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • PikoPikoPikoPiko member
    edited October 2014

Don't get the cheap stuff like top ramen, which seems to be all MSG and coloring.  I found this brand awhile ago, it appears to be less bad for you:

https://www.amazon.com/Koka-Singapura-Non-Fried-Noodles-85-Grams/dp/B004XXXR9Q

and with that said, I'm off to ramen in a Japanese noodle house for dinner :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I ate ramen in college because I like it, not because I had too.

That being said, I gave up MSG when I got my BFP.  Thanks for the alternative suggestion @PikoPiko.  Spaghetti O's are my salty pasta alternative now, mmmmmmm.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
    BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

• Heavens to murgitroid now i need some ramen!!

Sometimes when I'm craving lo mien i make stir fry and dump it on a pack or 2 of ramen. Soooo good!
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}

Can we be friends? You are speaking my food language. \:D/
  • @reneamac313‌ if you wanna get really fancy, you can add shredded cheese too!!
  • Omg! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love ramen even more now that I'm pregnant! What do you want for dinner? Ramen! Lol
  • I'm a weirdo - I make my Ramen, drain it, then add the flavoring... and top it with shredded cheddar.

In college we made all sorts of weird Ramen combos that were oddly delicious but sound disgusting. We called it "College Casserole".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @reneamac313‌ if you wanna get really fancy, you can add shredded cheese too!!
    I thought I was the only weirdo that did that ;) Glad I'm not!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ramen was my second breakfast all throughout my first tri.  Now the reflux has killed my need for some spicy ramen

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Would it be weird to get out of bed and make myself Ramen at 10:30 at night?
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Bad NVP, puking daily for 10wks while on nausea meds. Baked potatoes, lemonade slurpees, white rice and yes oriental flavor top ramen - what a delightful phase of life. Eye roll!!
  • 11pm and i had to make ramen lol :D
  • That has been my middle of the night food now for 3 Weeks, I thought I was nuts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"