January 2015 Moms
Options

Craft Check In - 9/30

Let's see what you have been up to this week!

Re: Craft Check In - 9/30

• Options
    I've done absolutely nothing this week... An allergy induced sinus infection for me plus a fever/nausea bug for the boys equals zero time to craft... Thursday I'll be baking and rolling cake balls for DS2's 6th birthday party, and Friday we'll be decorating them for the party on Saturday.
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i started a blanket for my bestie's baby (she's having her 3rd baby, all boys), because she's due the first week in december but will be having a RCS the last week in november.  once hers is done i'll start on mine and another simultaneously, because the another friend is also having a baby (again, 3rd baby, but all girls this time), but she's due 3.5 weeks after me, so it doesn't really matter...i have to get both of them done before my own kid comes or else they're not getting done.  haha.  i'll have to come back later and post a pic.  it's not anything special.  i picked up a couple skeins of orange/yellow/white variegated boucle on clearance (bernat little tickles or something dumb like that) and one of blue/white, and plan on working it all in a giant granny square with uneven blocks/stripes.  the orange till the skein runs out, then the blue till that one runs out, and then the other orange until the size is right.  and then maybe i'll make some booties or a hat with the leftover.  lol.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    @longcat07‌ I love orange and blue together, I'm sure that the blanket will turn out great.

@MoreThanSparrows08‌ Feel better soon!
  • Options
    @Julie1211 that painting is pretty freaking cool!
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    I'm nearly finished with one hat. I followed the directions, which were meant to make a "newborn" sized hat. This thing is a freaking bucket, though. It could easily fit my 3yo. Oh well, good learning experience, I suppose. 

I started on a second hat, with much smaller yarn and crochet hook. This one will probably turn out to be at least closer to the correct size. But I haven't made a ton of progress yet, so right now it just looks like a yarmulke. 

And I'm about halfway done with the cookie order that I'm delivering on Friday. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    aremac said:
    I'm working on two quilts right now, one for my sister who is due in december but lives on another continent so I've got to get it out the door! 

The other is for my little bundle, I've made it really big so for a while we'll use it on the floor, and then it will be for the toddler bed, and much later a lap quilt. I'll also make a smaller one for her as well. 

I'm looking for more little sewing projects - anyone have good ones to share? 

Also, I'm sooooo hopeless at image posting, where should I go to get images hosted? 

@aremac - I use photobucket for image hosting. 
  • Options
    I attempted to crochet a hat this past weekend. I screwed up twice, so I need to start again. The first time, it was supposed to be a newborn hat, and it might have fit an American Girl doll at best. I realized I was using a smaller hook than the pattern dictated. Okay, try again, and I forgot to make my turning chains, so it is screwed up too, but not nearly as bad. I am going to crochet some flowers and/or bows to put on the hats. Oh well, it's been a few years, so I am relearning everything.

I have an 11 hour drive one way this weekend (22 hours round trip), so I will probably have some actual stuff to PIP next time!

• Options
    @longcat07 - Cute colors! It makes me want candy corn. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm making a scrapbook for my daughters baby book it's temporarily on hold since I started school
  • Options
    @longcat07‌ Thank you!

@aremac‌ still on my sewing list is a changing pad cover and a basket liner for changing supplies.

@bouguerba‌ I used to scrapbook, but haven't worked on anything in a long time. I still have to figure out what kind of baby book I want to do.

@aerotigergirl‌ I think baby hats are so cute, but won't even try crocheting one as I can't keep my stich sizes constant to save my life.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness you guys.  I think I've lost it.

I haven't posted any photos of my cathedral quilt lately, because I'm still working on the background squares, and they don't look like much at this point.  I have really been enjoying making it though, and I really like how it is turning out.  Sooo...  Instead of thinking, gosh, maybe I'll do another baby blanket with this pattern again someday, what do I do?  I go to the fabric store and buy another bolt of muslin, and about 20 new blues and greens for the windows.  I now have enough fabric to make a king size quilt.  

Then, I decided that kiddo to be still needs a baby quilt, so I've cut denim squares.  

Somebody stop me...  Please...  before the craft store owns not only my soul but all of my paycheck and time too.  
  • Options

No baby related crafts for me to share this week. I have been working on halloween/fall decorations. I'm making a few things out of felt that I will try and post later today. For now here are some of the crochet pumpkins I made...

I wish so bad that I could crochet!!!!
    Love the pumpkins!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Jan 15 December Siggy: Christmas Fail!
  • Options
    I'm still cleaning every square inch of my house. The sewing room is next. So maybe I'll have something to show soon
  • Options
    longcat07 said:
    picture of orange/blue blanket in progress from my ravelry project (only orange so far, lol):

edit: it would help if i actually added the pic...

Mmmm looks like candy corn!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    No access to see photo. 

I haven't done much as far as crafting lately- really just trying to clean the house and plan a bday party. The new nursery is officially free of all non-baby related items (except for a queen bed still there)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hot dang.  how do you do that with crochet?  do you use one of those really long hooks?  i've never tried that, but if you can do shit like that with it, i might have to.
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817‌ Damn girl! You've got skills! That's really beautiful.

@longcat07‌ I'm pretty sure it's knitted not crocheted. Right happymonkey?

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    @HappyMonkey817‌ Damn girl! You've got skills! That's really beautiful. @longcat07‌ I'm pretty sure it's knitted not crocheted. Right happymonkey?

I know you might not be able to see her Ravelry page, but it does say it's crocheted on there.  Awesome work :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I know you might not be able to see her Ravelry page, but it does say it's crocheted on there.  Awesome work :)

Yeah, I didn't see the Ravelry Page. I totally thought it was knitted, I'm really shocked that it's crochet!! My bad.

• Options
    I also made a hat, starting out with a toddler one for my niece as practice... Well it fit my DH when I was done hahaha. Too bad it's not really his colors ;) oh well, good practice! Not bad for my first try at circular needles/anything that's not a blanket
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817‌ Damn girl! You've got skills! That's really beautiful. @longcat07‌ I'm pretty sure it's knitted not crocheted. Right happymonkey?

Yeah, I didn't see the Ravelry Page. I totally thought it was knitted, I'm really shocked that it's crochet!! My bad.
    it totally LOOKS knitted, that's part of why i want to know if a different crochet technique is used, so i can start using it!  there's an "afghan hook" that's really long and you pull up all your loops in a row at the same time in one direction, then work them into stitches going back down the row.  at least, i think that's how it's done.  i've never done it myself, nor have i seen it done, lol.  it sounds like a sort of merger between crochet and knitting, since you're working with a whole row of stitches at one time instead of one at a time.
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited October 2014
    longcat07 said:

it totally LOOKS knitted, that's part of why i want to know if a different crochet technique is used, so i can start using it!  there's an "afghan hook" that's really long and you pull up all your loops in a row at the same time in one direction, then work them into stitches going back down the row.  at least, i think that's how it's done.  i've never done it myself, nor have i seen it done, lol.  it sounds like a sort of merger between crochet and knitting, since you're working with a whole row of stitches at one time instead of one at a time.

---------------edit to fix quote fail----------
    Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about! I tried that once before in this kit I got for Christmas, but it's been so long I don't remember how to do it.

I would love to learn how to make that blanket though. It's so beautiful!

• Options
    Aww, thanks, ladies. You all are too kind. My stuff is all crocheted with a regular hook. The cables that look like knitting are actually really easy to do. If you can do a double crochet stitch, you can make cables. It's all done with double crochet stitches that go around/in front of/in back of other stitches. I'm sure it's on You Tube- they are called front post stitches and back post stitches.
    really, that's all it is?  cool.  noted.  i know how to do that.  lol
    photo gum-chewers.gif

• Options
    @aerotigergirl‌ those are beautiful!
  • Options
    @Julie1211 - Thanks! It's a fun hobby, and I make a little extra $ at times doing different custom cookies for birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, etc. 
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 - Thanks!
  • Options
      @aerotigergirl Very cute!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks, @misslizzy82!
  • Options
    Anyone have a Silhouette? I just bought a fabric blade.and am so excited to use it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"