TTC after 35
Options

How do you distract yourself during "the waits"

It seems we do a LOT of waiting... Waiting to O, 2WW, Waiting for AF, Waiting for AF to be over... and patience is NOT one of my virtues.

I've been cooking a lot lately... and making lists.... and ok... not doing a good job of distracting myself and I just started up again. I don't know how some of you deal with it cycle after cycle.  I have HUGE amounts of respect and admiration for you.  When we were TTC before it wasn't as rough because it was Christmas time and then I had wedding planning but this time...ugh. How do you distract yourself?
me:41   dh:43 
Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart

Re: How do you distract yourself during "the waits"

• Options
    I am organizing our whole house. DH is a semi-hoarder so getting everything sorted and getting him to throw stuff out / donate stuff is a full time job. We are just starting house hunting so that obsession plus the organization stuff works for a fair bit of time. It is still agonizing to wait so much and I'm only on cycle #3.
  • Options

The waiting is torturous! Although to be honest if I knew for sure our BDing was a done deal, and felt confident that the timing wouldn't be an issue (this is on my mind a lot today - sorry), at least I would know that we had done all we could do.

Running helps to distract me, and just generally has a positive effect on any anxiety I might be feeling.

I finally moved into a new house just a couple months ago after a neighbour's house fire nearly three years ago burned my last one down (obviously a much longer story). So there's the new-house activites of last-minute touches and trying to find furniture that is actually nice-looking that help to distract a little too.

But honestly, I spend probably too much time just gazing at my chart. So if anyone else has any suggestions, I'll take them!

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love to read and do that in my "down time" so I'm not going crazy alone up in my head.  Other than that daily life keeps me hopping.  Stopping in here for check-ins, etc. helps during the day during a quiet moment at work (or a crazy moment to help me stay sane).  Best wishes!
  • Options
    Going outside for walks or other errands helps me to think about other things. If I'm in the house, I definitely tend to fixate.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I just go ahead and fixate, to be honest. :|

Then again, I don't have a lot of leisure time, so I'm not sure how much it matters...
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Waiting is the worst. I've had a lot of waiting, I've had to wait out the entire month of sept and part of Aug. the waitingto start is almost over...then the other IVF waiting begins :)
    So what do I do to pass time?
    Read! Lots of reading! Need a book at the moment though.
    Candy Crush, I'm on level 550 so that should tell you what I do with my idol time lol

Clean, garden, yard work, cook, bake, exercise, shop, Pinterest, netflicks series, get together with friends...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I fret.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @tmorash we agreed to "see what happens" for a bit first. Which now means this month.. LOL.. but I think if I was charting I might take my temperature every hour at this point and spend the other 55 min staring at the chart. LOL. 

I just got asked to do a big presentation at work so hopefully that will help with this month.  Right now I am visiting the forums waaay too much and lurking to see what's going on on all the other forums.  I've done some wishful thinking and checked out nurseries, maternity clothes, our leave policies at work (which are awesome), and redone my budget and we haven't even made it to the 2WW yet. hahaha.  Hopefully this is just initial (re)excitement and I'll get better with distractions.  I usually read on the elliptical but maybe I need to pick the Kindle up more often....
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"