March 2015 Moms
Options

Jump to Conclusions Mat

13»

Re: Jump to Conclusions Mat

• Options
    Darbie914 said:

jenny0314 said:

@Darbie914 and now I want Cracker Barrel and their chicken fried steak (or chicken fried chicken) with mashed potatoes and gravy. You need to try it...so yummy!!

Gah, I don't think New Jersey has a Cracker Barrel!  The whole meal sounds outstanding.  

---end quote---

I don't think we do :( makes me sad
  • Options
    Guys - I think my bra is trying to choke me to death.  It's so frustrating because I feel fine in the morning, but I am getting so bloated by the end of the day I feel like I am stuffing myself in a corset.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow chicken fried steak sounds incredible. I am home with the worst migraine ever today. I promised H that I would do stuff around the house today but I cant pull myself off of the couch. 

I've been looking at infant seats online and I think I have one picked out. Amazon has the graco snugride 30 for $110, and graco has a $25 mail in rebate until the end of Oct. which would make it $85 dollars. I'm debating if I should get it now or wait until black friday/ cyber monday to see if there will be deals. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I'm an expert at making chicken fried steak, guise.  It's super easy.  Dangerously easy.  And sooooooo good :)

I'm making Trader Joe's poutine tonight :D with a side of White Castle sliders.  Because we're super classy.  If only I could wash it all down with a huge glass of Coors Light... Sigh.

• Options
    jcar2 said:
    @Darbie914 and now I want Cracker Barrel and their chicken fried steak (or chicken fried chicken) with mashed potatoes and gravy. You need to try it...so yummy!!
    Mmm... Cracker Barrel sounds so good. I love their hash brown casserole or whatever it's called.
    I actually had a craving for this a few weeks ago, and I would not let SO forget it until I got some! I got a double helping and it was DE-licious! Mmm mmm mmm!
  • Options

Whenever I go to Cracker Barrel, I always, always have to get pancakes because their pancakes are sooooooo good, even though I would like to try some of their other stuff.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Maybe there is some merit to the whole "Troll Tuesday" thing...
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:
    Well fuck guise! I just saw a news feed come across that the CDC confirmed the case of Ebola in Dallas. The CDC will hold a press conference at 5:30, but the article doesn't say if that's eastern or central time. I hope this can be contained. It scares the shit out of me.
    Yes. I'm in Fort Worth. That is WAY too close for comfort. No bueno.
  • Options
    kcbizme said:

RQuinlin said:

Well fuck guise! I just saw a news feed come across that the CDC confirmed the case of Ebola in Dallas. The CDC will hold a press conference at 5:30, but the article doesn't say if that's eastern or central time. I hope this can be contained. It scares the shit out of me.

Yes. I'm in Fort Worth. That is WAY too close for comfort. No bueno.

Agreed. I am in DFW too.
  • Options
    So I thought that we had FINALLY come to a consensus on a girls name, still hadn't decided on Boys name yet because after thinking we had decided on that SO let me know, in passing, that he actually didn't like the name. So when he told me that he loved the girls name I picked I was ecstatic, and I know he fucking said he liked it cuz I have the freaking text to prove it!!!!!!. Well yesterday we were talking to someone about baby names and I said "we finally picked out a girls name" and upon telling her what it was he says "oh no, I don't like that for a girl" AHHHHHH YOU FREAKING DID 2 WEEKS AGO... he did it to me again...I don't think this baby is gonna have a freaking name!!! lol photo 65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR_zps3c9e914c.gif
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:

Heard this on the radio as I read this ... so weird!! I'm in Houston, which is way too close! Have other countries had this appear? (Apparently the person DID travel to west africa, which gives me some relief that he didn't randomly catch it here from someone.
  • Options
    Haps92907Haps92907 member
    edited September 2014

So I thought that we had FINALLY come to a consensus on a girls name, still hadn't decided on Boys name yet because after thinking we had decided on that SO let me know, in passing, that he actually didn't like the name. So when he told me that he loved the girls name I picked I was ecstatic, and I know he fucking said he liked it cuz I have the freaking text to prove it!!!!!!. Well yesterday we were talking to someone about baby names and I said "we finally picked out a girls name" and upon telling her what it was he says "oh no, I don't like that for a girl" AHHHHHH YOU FREAKING DID 2 WEEKS AGO... he did it to me again...I don't think this baby is gonna have a freaking name!!! lol

photo 65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR_zps3c9e914c.gif

My DH used to pull this shit when we were trying to pick a name for DD. So frustrating! Can't you even remember your own opinions about things!?!?!

Edit: spelling, also to add that I'm also scared of Ebola. Yikes
  • Options
    Mmm Cracker Barrel and poutine.

I just finished up a sweet potato, an apple with peanut butter, and a boatload of extra sharp white cheddar cheese. I need all the cheese!!!
  • Options
    MandJS said:
    jenny0314 said:
    MandJS said:
    jenny0314 said:
    I hate to cook, but can actually make a pretty decent hashbrown casserole, in the crockpot. I've made it for work potlucks before the everyone scraps the pot clean. 
    imma gonna need this recipe
    Oh geez, the pressure! I may or may not have started with a recipe (I can't remember), but this is basically what I do now:

1-2 bags of frozen shredded hasbrowns thawed
    1 can cream of chicken
    8oz colby jack
    8oz sharp cheddar
    whatever spices you want - I tend to use paprika, salt, pepper and whatever else I can find that sounds good at the time

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low for about 4-6 hours. You can add more or less cheese and change out whatever kind of cheese you want to use. 
    Crap. That's not kosher as is. Think a cream of ... something NOT chicken/meat would work? 
    Yum. Never made anything like this but I bet cream of potato would be a good sub?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • Options
    jenny0314 said:

MandJS said:

jenny0314 said:

I hate to cook, but can actually make a pretty decent hashbrown casserole, in the crockpot. I've made it for work potlucks before the everyone scraps the pot clean. 

imma gonna need this recipe

Oh geez, the pressure! I may or may not have started with a recipe (I can't remember), but this is basically what I do now:

1-2 bags of frozen shredded hasbrowns thawed
    1 can cream of chicken
    8oz colby jack
    8oz sharp cheddar
    whatever spices you want - I tend to use paprika, salt, pepper and whatever else I can find that sounds good at the time

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low for about 4-6 hours. You can add more or less cheese and change out whatever kind of cheese you want to use. 

That sounds similar to what my mom makes, but she bakes hers and tops it with corn flakes.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    So, one of my students was sent home with meningitis today.  Likely viral.  The class he was in when he finally decided to go to the nurse?  Mine.  Awesome.  T&P that I don't catch freaking MENINGITIS...thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    Im still catching up on the randoms for today but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone's dogs suffer from an allergy and how they deal with it. My greatdane has been allergic to grass since she was a pup, thankfully she only has a reaction in the fall. When she has a reaction, her paws turn red, bleed, and lose all the fur. I dont take her to the vet for it any more because none of the meds have worked and cost way too much. Benadryl and other oral medicines havent worked because (well I assume) of her size. Vet told us to double(and sometimes triple) all those doses, still nothing. Imagine bloody paw prints all over your house, I want to pull my hair out. Id be eternally grateful for any advice!
  • Options
    @MrsLaurenandDan‌ I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on a healthy baby and passing a milestone

@jenny0314‌ that casserole sounds amazing. Thanks for the recipe!

I don't remember who mentioned Trader Joe's poutine, but those are two of my favorite things! Trader Joes and poutine! I lost Trader Joe's when we moved to Florida, but one is opening down the street on October 10th! I can't wait!!
    BFP 7/10/14--EDD 3/17/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @healthyfor2‌ I hope that pain turns out to be nothing! Keep us updated!

@jacqueleen1‌ so sorry for you loss, well be thinking of you!

@MrsLaurenandDan‌ congrats on the good news! Hopefully your placenta moves with out any worries.

@kellbell1982‌ Did you ever find Elephant??
  • Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited October 2014
    Carmar3 said:

Our dog has a skin allergy, I was just doing some research. We're switching to a grain free and dairy free food to hopefully cure his. I did read that if you suspect grass or other environmental the best thing is frequent baths and cleaning there feet every time they come back inside. Good luck!

We know its from grass because its only on her paws and it only gets bad when we let her play outside. I feel bad not letting her play, shes a dog!

Eta shes ticklish and won't let us near her feet *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    My yorkie has a skin allergy. Don't know to what. We switched his food which helped but in the fall it still acts up. The best help that we found was the shampoo that the vet gave us. It's an antibiotic wash that we use monthly to bi-weekly during the year in the fall we use it weekly or even more often. Our vet told us the benedryl just makes them sleepy. Which helps with the itching in that it gives them some time to heal.

I attached a pic of the sprays that I use when he gets a bad spot. They aren't super helpful but they're something.

I got an burn/itch spray (for people) at cvs last year that had a numbing agent in it. That really helped. I don't have any left - but it was green and cvs brand. The pharmacist helped me pick it out.
  • Options

@ruemorgan, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. Allergies suck :(. Our shepherd mix has really bad fall allergies so we give him Benadryl twice a day. Have you tried Zyrtec? One of my horses actually goes on this every spring, and it works!! She's 1,200lbs, so if it works for her, it might work for your big dog too! I'm not sure about dosage for a large dog, but you can Google it. It's very common to use in dogs and horses :).

The other thing you can try is wiping her down when she comes in. The allergens usually stick to the hair and just sit there. If you can get them off, it'll stop the irritation.

We've tried Zyrtec and we cant wipe her paws down because shes extremely ticklish and runs away into the grass some more. And I cant fight a dog bigger than myself haha. I feel doooomed.

But I didnt know horses can take Zyrtec! Maybe ill try Zyrtex again because i know its been atleast 2 years since we last tried, maybe her body will react different now?? *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    My dog is going through allergies too. She has been scratching herself so much that she now has scabs and it is infected :( my poor girl is on antibiotics. I hate dog issues cause she can't tell me what is wrong. I wish my dog could just talk to me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited October 2014
    @knitnut‌ ill have to look back at her vet paperwork and see if she already got those from the vet. I'll have to take a look into them! Thanks

@colleen4019‌ hmm we havent tried anything numbing, thanks for the suggestion!

@LBeez13‌ aww poor pup!! Hopefully the antibiotics help her
  • Options
    @ruemorgan‌ Our pup has bad skin allergies around the summer too.

I agree that getting a good anti-microbial shampoo helps a lot. We try to bathe him in the summer every 3 days or so per our vet's direction.

When he starts licking his paws to the point he starts to irritate them, I will sometimes put socks on his front legs so he leaves them alone.

Hope your fur baby feels better!
  • Options
    ruemorgan said:

Im still catching up on the randoms for today but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone's dogs suffer from an allergy and how they deal with it. My greatdane has been allergic to grass since she was a pup, thankfully she only has a reaction in the fall. When she has a reaction, her paws turn red, bleed, and lose all the fur. I dont take her to the vet for it any more because none of the meds have worked and cost way too much. Benadryl and other oral medicines havent worked because (well I assume) of her size. Vet told us to double(and sometimes triple) all those doses, still nothing. Imagine bloody paw prints all over your house, I want to pull my hair out. Id be eternally grateful for any advice!

You can give one benadryl twice a day for every 25 lb. So my 25 lb dog can have 2 per day, but if your dog weighs 50 lbs, double that (and so on). You can do about 1.5x that for a rescue med, but I wouldn't do that long term. Alternately you could do 1 claritin for every 50 lb, but that's once per day. Zyrtec is not ok. If it gets bad, you need to see a vet for steroids and/or antibiotics/antifungals to deal with secondary infections.

Does your dog spend a lot of time outside? My pup with a grass allergy can basically only go outside long enough to pee and then right back in. Wiping down paws after going outside can help, but make sure you get between toes and such. What type of grass do you have? Most grasses are more likely to cause an allergic reaction if they are long enough to go to seed, but some like Bermuda are always an irritant. Keeping your grass short may help depending on the type, but freshly cut grass or right after rain more easily sticks to the skin.

For food allergies, chicken, soy, and wheat are common irritants.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    @ruemorgan - have you tried doggy boots? They make them, they are soft fabric inside and waterproof outside and they ave a little Velcro strap to secure. I used to put those on my yorkie bc he didn't like going out in the rain (had a raincoat too). Just came to mind since you said it's only the paws that are the issue.

@MrsLaurenandDan‌ I'm so happy you got good news and just plain yay.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Here's an example: image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Aeml1985Aeml1985 member
    edited October 2014
    I have those dog boots, and they are a major PIA to put on, especially since we have 2 dogs. But with the mud and rain and snow in the spring it's worth it to not have to wash their paws every single time they come in from outside, and to not have to wash the floor every 10 seconds
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    @ruemorgan‌ have you ever soaked their paws? I mix water and enough povodine iodine to make it look like iced tea and soak each paw for 2-3 minutes. This breaks up all the crap in the paws and is vet recommended because mechanical movement of using a washcloth or something to wipe the paws off isn't near as effective. If your dog isn't cooperative it can be a PITA but my dogs paws look so much better and she isn't licking them as much due to allergens, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"