July 2013 Moms
Options

Penis question!

C is uncircumcised. Sometimes the tip of his penis/foreskin gets pretty red. Usually it happens when he is in the bathtub, so I figured its warm water +sensitive skin= redness.
Occasionally it will be red when we change his diaper too.
Normal? Or something to be concerned about? It always goes away and isn't swollen or anything. Should I put diaper cream or anything on it when it gets red?
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Penis question!

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it if it's just occasional. Try to keep it clean and leave it alone. Diaper cream is hard to clean off the foreskin.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whenever he has redness under the diaper, we put a&d on. If that doesn't clear it ( for us it usually works quickly), then you may want to call the doctor. Does it ever seem to bother him? Could it be a uti/other infection?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    valstulas said:
    No clue. Four (okay, five) penises in this house, all circ'ed. My guess is that the color change is due to the increased circulation due to change in temp. But I'd also say to call pedi, just in case. Was anyone else's mind going someplace else with this thread?
    Yep :)

gave it a 25% chance it wasnt going to be about a baby one ;)
  • Options
    econmama said:

I would just make sure to keep it clean.

This. You could also try a dab of vaseline. That's what we were told to use after p's surgery.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I assumed it was fine, as it always goes away and doesn't bother him. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't ignoring something that wasn't normal.

@valstulas I was counting on that. I wanted to make sure people opened the thread ;)
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"