March 2015 Moms
Options

Embarrassing moments...

I had my most embarrassing pregnancy moment so far. Thought I would share and get any advice on how to preempt this next time.

My husband came home from work last night and I wasn't feeling too hot. Just a headache and a little quesey. Then the next thing I know I'm about to throw up... So I run to the bathroom and start hurling. I squat down because it's more comfortable then leaning over. And I completely lost ALL bladder control! I don't mean a little squirt here or there. I mean, as I'm throwing up, I'm always peeing on the floor!

DH was amazing and cleaned up my mess, got me a change of clothes, and didn't even mention the incident. I do keugals and other "get ready for labor" exercises, but obviously they aren't working! What more can I do?

Re: Embarrassing moments...

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, you aren't alone- there have been several similar posts on this board. Hopefully you'll be able be able to laugh about it soon.
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:

Keep an empty trash can next to the toilet. I've had to do this a few times. Vomit and sit on the toilet at once. Isn't pregnancy special and beautiful? At least your H was understanding. We all get to cross a few boundaries with our SOs we didn't think we would during this time.

Yup, the trashcan thing is what I do. And really don't feel bad, it happens! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KT416KT416 member
    edited September 2014

I'm sorry but I'm glad your hubby was so nice to you!

If it makes you feel better... (tmi...) last week I had to pee in a cup at the OB, but I forgot, and went 10 minutes earlier before I left the house. I tried anyway, and had MAYBE just enough to pass it off, and then knocked it off the counter before the cap was on.... So yeah, pee everywhere. I was in the bathroom for awhile and left the bathroom empty handed. I'm so classy.

Edit: Clarification

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did! He claims he didn't see it happen but "wondered what that smell was". :P

He didn't seem flustered and even agreed to see me again, thank goodness!

It was not one of my finer moments ;)
  • Options
    @lawsonellis, I can empathize with your early boundary breakdown... DH and I weren't even engaged yet and I got one of those awful superbugs that had been circulating that year. We were waiting at the ER and I had to use the washroom for both ends at the same time, but I was so delirious from the fever that I was scared to go in by myself in case I passed out. So there DH was, standing in the corner of the bathroom while I threw up into the garbage can and had violent diarrhea at the same time... How he still asked me to marry him after that, I'll never know. He jokes about it now and calls it my "screaming eagle" moment.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I have a penchant for vomiting in the most inappropriate places:

1. Lobby-type area of a hotel bathroom (so close...).
    2. Outside a busy convenience store. Thank goodness for that plastic bag I had just acquired! Lids on garbage cans are the worst when you need to puke!
    3. At work, right after a continuing education class went on break. Do you know how hard it is to vomit semi-quietly?! Ugh.
    4. Bath tub. I got too hot during a shower and my dinner ended up on the tub floor. So nasty.
    5. Almost on the SO. I was laying in bed when I felt it coming. SO was standing right next to the garbage can and I pretty much knocked him over like a linebacker trying to get the can. He had never witnessed me puke in our 10+ years of dating. He almost lost it, too.

Thankfully, no BMs have accompanied the vomiting fiascos. Just the utter embarrassment of a hundred eyes staring at you while you lose your cookies. :-q
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"