February 2015 Moms

Anyone getting Braxton hicks contractions?

I've had them for the last two days >.> only one occurrence each. But freaking me out none the less. What do yalls feel like?

Re: Anyone getting Braxton hicks contractions?

• Yes! Can't believe they're already starting! !
  • Me either! I'm Only 21 weeks! But my midwife says you can feel them earlier and they're stronger with second pregnancies so I guess that's why but jeez they freak me out!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would recommend upping your water...
    You definitely don't want to be feeling practice contractions yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Waters all I drink! Lol
  • Waters all I drink! Lol

I literally cried the other day because I kept having sharp pains that felt like contractions (I'm only 18 weeks) and my husband kept pushing the water on me. I drank a full gallon and they finally diminished but I definitely told him "f### you and your water."
    So not ready to be reading about Braxton's! This is flying by!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Maple403Maple403 member
    edited September 2014
    I feel them too. I also had real contractions (not BH) last week during my big scare. Now it is really easy for me to tell the difference. See my "In Labor and Delivery, with contractions" post for the full story.

BH: general tightening, no pain. Whole uterus feels hard. Can last a variable amount of time, sometimes a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. On the contraction monitor it looked like a long, large hill.

Real (not BH) contraction: PAIN. like a very bad menstrual cramp, tightening, but not the same degree as BH. Pain lasts less than 1 minute, but comes back at a regular interval. On the contraction monitor it looked like a short, steep, small hill.

The OB GYNs I saw in the hospital told me not to worry about the BH contractions. They are normal and most people are having them in 2nd tri and don't know it. The game apparently changes in 3rd tri, but I"m a FTM and can't speak to that. 

Everyone is probably different, but this is how my contractions played out. Since I was under observation for several hours and had both types of contractions I am pretty confident about telling them apart. 

If you are worried, call your doctor. Everyone is different.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I get a lot. Being on my feet all day and not drinking enough water seem to make them more frequent. They aren't bad though, and definitely not something to worry about trying to stop. Avoid having a full bladder, bh on a full bladder is very uncomfortable and potentially disastrous.
  • I never did have them my last pregnancy, which I thought was weird. I haven't had them yet this time either. I thought everybody got them at some point, but I guess not.
  • I'm also 21 weeks and have been having them!  Like PPs said - it feels more like a general tightening of my stomach that I just have to wait through.  I asked my doctor about them today.  She said as long as they're infrequent (once here or there), not to worry.  If they become a little more frequent, drink water and rest.  If they become more consistent or I have several in an hour that don't go away with water and rest, call the doctor.  

I had them with my first, but I don't remember them being this early (or I may not have realized what they were as a FTM!) 

Hope that helps :)
  • I have them too. They usually go away after I pee or move around a little

BabyFetus Ticker

• I never had them last pregnancy but I have felt them once or twice this time. Knowing that they aren't real contractions keeps me from being worried about it and makes it more of a novelty.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had them a lot with my first. I've had them a few times this time as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always wondered why my belly is so tight and sore in the morning! Could it be BH from holding a full bladder at night? It's the only time it feels that way; tight muscles, uncomfortable pressure. FTM, so I had no idea what it was, but assumed it wasn't anything to worry about since I wasnt in pain or anything.
  • I have had a few... last night I couldn't sleep and I def felt one.  I got up and peed and didn't have any more.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I starting having them over the weekend and thought, isn't too early for BH? But apparently not. They are not painful, just uncomfortable. It feels like my tummy is tighting up. Water helps a little.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had them on Sunday about 10.5 miles into the half marathon race.  I was very well hydrated and even had to stop to pee twice because of it.  So I knew that wasn't part of it.
    My midwife told me that if chugging water doesn't cut it, then drink some Gatorade.  They came on again last night (thinking an aftermath of the half marathon), and I drank half a bottle of Gatorade.  Felt so much better, and haven't felt them since. 
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"