October 2013 Moms

Diaper pails

Christian's Diaper Genie smells like something crawled and died in it. We empty it every other day and have tried cleaning it out with Dawn dishwashing liquid and hot water, which helps for a day or 2. Anyone have any advice on getting the funk out? Or is it a total loss?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper pails

• I put these in the bottom. image
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Yes! And I am watching this thread.

Ours is the diaper genie too. It's like the smell attaches to the plastic bags, which last a while. the plastic pale doesn't smell, but when you open the lid to drop a diaper in, it smells like nothing I've ever smelled. Disgusting.

I sprayed clorox cleanup in the bag the last time we changed it, and it helped for a couple of days, but I need more ideas too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I noticed this with my son, therefor I don't use one with DD. No matter how frequently I changed the bag, it still smelled aweful so I just quit using it. I use the regular trash can but we fill it up so quick that's it's taken out almost daily.
  • Yep ours smells awful as well. I saw some baking soda things at BBB that I'm curious to try.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't use a diaper pail at all. We use small individual bags (from BRU that are purple) and throw in the regular trash which is generally taken out every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"