December 2014 Moms
Options

hips don't lie

At least once a week since I''ve been 24 weeks pregnant (i'll be 29 weeks this Wednesday) I get so sore around my outter hips. Like I dont even wanna sit anymore. Is this my hip stretching?

Re: hips don't lie

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It is common to have hips spreading. Google hip pain in pregnancy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told my ob the last appointment but she didn't seem to concerned over it, kinda just brushed me off.
  • Options
  • Options

I told my ob the last appointment but she didn't seem to concerned over it, kinda just brushed me off.

Well then clearly your legs are about I fall off. Head to the nearest ER!

Why would we have more insight than somebody who went to medical school?

• Options

At least once a week since I''ve been 24 weeks pregnant (i'll be 29 weeks this Wednesday) I get so sore around my outter hips. Like I dont even wanna sit anymore. Is this my hip stretching?

QFP.

• Options
    Well, it's my first pregnancy so it's all new to me. Was hoping to hear from the voice of experience as my ob didnt seem concerned and Google can only explain so much. I'm not seeking medical advice from a message board... just wanted to ask to see if I was the only one. But now I won't bother asking questions here since i'm clearly sending some hostility.
  • Options

Well, it's my first pregnancy so it's all new to me. Was hoping to hear from the voice of experience as my ob didnt seem concerned and Google can only explain so much. I'm not seeking medical advice from a message board... just wanted to ask to see if I was the only one. But now I won't bother asking questions here since i'm clearly sending some hostility.

You didn't ask if you were the only one. You asked if your hips were stretching, we do not know you or your hips. Nobody can give you the answers you seek.

• Options
    bowlwomanbowlwoman member
    edited September 2014
    My own personal experience is that yes, this is about the time my hips started hurting. Sciatica, generally sitting all day, hips spreading...all those factors come into play. You should definitely discuss with your doctor again if it's concerning, and maybe ask about his/her recommendations for chiropractic care or prenatal yoga. I know the yoga really helped me with my previous two pregnancies.

Other than that, there's really not much else we can tell you that you shouldn't get talking to your doctor about. Advocate for your own care if you feel your doctor is giving you the brush off.
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    Thank you. :)
  • Options
    I don't have any hip pain yet, but my cousin who is six weeks further than I am has been complaining about it and also her pelvis aching as well. I'm sure it's normal, but I have no idea what causes the pain.  Hope you feel better!
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Slaps said:
    @Cheekers2010‌ you are right, but in all fairness it was posted at the same time as the two trolling ones. I apologise to @RicKeyBaby‌ for my snarkiness. :\">

I know. Nothing wrong with a little snark @Slaps‌ ! One of the things I love about you. :-*
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

My hips hurt like crazy and now my pelvis does, too.  It's a pretty common pregnancy symptom.  

ETA:
    Also, I have never white knighted in my life that I know of, but I'm going to here.  I feel pretty safe to say that hip pain is NOT one of those things where we have to send someone off to their OB to ask about stat.  I'd venture to say that most of us have had hip pain and can say so.  Not that I wouldn't also talk to my OB about it, but yeah.  There's nothing wrong with a little commiseration.

I mostly agree but I do want to point out that some women have weird labor pains. I felt all my contractions in my hips and butt muscles. It literally felt like the worst muscle cramp/Charlie horse type pain. It wasn't until about 7cm that I really started feeling the pain all over.

I don't think it is necessary to have 20 people say "call your OB" on every post. Maybe we can just abbreviate to CYOB? ;) lol
  • Options
    My hips have been hurting a lot as well, especially in the mornings, and one thing that helped was to get another pillow to prop up between my knees when I sleep. You might already be doing that but just a suggestion. I think it just comes with the territory but if it gets to the point where you can't walk without a lot of pain, definitely go see someone about it. Hope ya feel better!
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    From what I understand, hip pain is pretty normal. Your OB wasn't concerned so I think that just goes to show you it's normal. A lot of women here have experienced hip pain and so have I. I'd hate to brush off something that could be potentially harmful to you or the baby but I think it's pretty safe to say that hip pain just comes with the territory of making humans.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    I experienced this as well in the first trimester. My hips were the first thing to grow, long before I even had a belly. Walking (slowly) helped ease the pain a bit. Sitting for long periods made it worse.
  • Options
    If you are just now experiencing hip pain you are lucky! I'm a FTM but from being on TB regularly I've come to the conclusion hip & back pain are so common during pregnancy. I've had horrible hip pain (mostly while trying to sleep) for months. And back pain if I'm up & about for more than 15 mins. Like your OB, my OB has never seemed too concerned the times I've brought it up. Most women try chiro, a PT or water exercises. I don't have extra $ to be paying another dr so I just try stretches & some back strengthening exercises. Sometimes they help, sometimes they don't. If you have the means I think a chiro or even a massage would help you. I'm pretty used to the pain now & I just hope it doesn't get any worse. Good luck on your quest to managing your pain!
  • Options
    Hi, sorry that some are not responding in the way we'd all like: with humility and an interest in supporting you.
    I had hip pain from 26 weeks and it was crippling. I went to see a special physio who deals only with pregnant ladies and she ran a few checks on my hip alignment and gave me core stomach and butt exercises that hold and support the pelvis while it's changing. She explained how to limit some movements to prevent triggering pain and it helped immediately. 30weeks now and have no pain that I can not 'fix' by myself. There is hope for a pain free rest if your pregnancy. There are also books online for 'Pelvic Girdle Pain' or 'SPD'.
    Good luck!
  • Options
  • Options
    Update: spoke to another OB at the practice I go to, and he pretty much said it comes with the territory of pregnancy, and i'll probably be feeling it until I give birth. :(
    so i'll be looking into the suggestions given here about yoga, chiropractor...etc. Oy vey to pregnancy symptoms!
  • Options
    I honestly hadn't logged into the forum for a while so I had no idea about all the trolling of medical questions. Sorry I worded the original post oddly. I was caught off guard when they came rolling in. But now I know....so older and wiser I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"